Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

7.5 weeks and strange waves of cramping?

(6 Posts)
SpunBodgeSquarepants Thu 19-Jan-17 18:46:42

Just posting to ask if anyone has experienced feeling like this, as I can't recall this in my first pregnancy!

Since last night I've had these strange feelings - not painful at all, just weird! It's like a wave up my uterus, like cramping but like I said before not at all painful. It's not constant, has happened maybe three times in 24 hours. It's almost like someone squeezing my uterus, or feeling a baby a bit further on doing a full body roll in there.

EpoxyResin Thu 19-Jan-17 19:32:23

God, you had me worried with "waves of cramping"! But actually I can perfectly relate to the "bigger baby body roll" sensation. I'd put it down to gas confused

TheTroutofNoCraic Thu 19-Jan-17 19:50:16

It's your uterus expanding with the placenta forming and growing, completely normal.
I remember it happening to me at exactly the same stage and phoning midwife in a panic.
My best friend is 14 weeks pregnant and she rang me at 7 weeks, worrying about the strange cramping and thinking she was having a MC.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Thu 19-Jan-17 20:12:18

Oh thank you for your replies. Yeah I wouldn't really call it cramping as it doesn't hurt, and the fact it might be wind crossed my mind but it really does feel like it's my uterus.
I was last pregnant three years ago so can't really remember all the aches and pains that go with it!

m33r Thu 19-Jan-17 21:54:22

I have this and I've had two early scans and all is well. (Early scans due to 3 precious MCs not the cramping)

MouseLove Fri 20-Jan-17 11:38:09

I've been having this too. I'm 7+4 and I'm having an early reassurance scan tomorrow due to other medical reasons. I'm worried but your post has strangely put me at ease. I don't have any other symptoms. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: