Talk

Advanced search

7.5 weeks and strange waves of cramping?

(6 Posts)
SpunBodgeSquarepants Thu 19-Jan-17 18:46:42

Just posting to ask if anyone has experienced feeling like this, as I can't recall this in my first pregnancy!

Since last night I've had these strange feelings - not painful at all, just weird! It's like a wave up my uterus, like cramping but like I said before not at all painful. It's not constant, has happened maybe three times in 24 hours. It's almost like someone squeezing my uterus, or feeling a baby a bit further on doing a full body roll in there.

EpoxyResin Thu 19-Jan-17 19:32:23

God, you had me worried with "waves of cramping"! But actually I can perfectly relate to the "bigger baby body roll" sensation. I'd put it down to gas confused

TheTroutofNoCraic Thu 19-Jan-17 19:50:16

It's your uterus expanding with the placenta forming and growing, completely normal.
I remember it happening to me at exactly the same stage and phoning midwife in a panic.
My best friend is 14 weeks pregnant and she rang me at 7 weeks, worrying about the strange cramping and thinking she was having a MC.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Thu 19-Jan-17 20:12:18

Oh thank you for your replies. Yeah I wouldn't really call it cramping as it doesn't hurt, and the fact it might be wind crossed my mind but it really does feel like it's my uterus.
I was last pregnant three years ago so can't really remember all the aches and pains that go with it!

m33r Thu 19-Jan-17 21:54:22

I have this and I've had two early scans and all is well. (Early scans due to 3 precious MCs not the cramping)

MouseLove Fri 20-Jan-17 11:38:09

I've been having this too. I'm 7+4 and I'm having an early reassurance scan tomorrow due to other medical reasons. I'm worried but your post has strangely put me at ease. I don't have any other symptoms. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now