Talk

Advanced search

Fetal heart beat and dates

(3 Posts)
ale233 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:02:49

Hi, wondered if anyone can give me some advice. I have found out this week that I am expecting my 2nd child. I 'felt' pregnant in January but a pregnancy test came back negative. I had a day of bleeding the week after this and then nothing else. When my period still hadn't started I did another test this week, this was positive. I feel tired and my tummy is already swollen, the doctor examined me and said she would see if she could hear a heartbeat. When she used the doppler we could clearly hear the heartbeat straight away. The doctor said she would refer me for a scan and to the midwife. I was so shocked that I didn't ask how far into my pregnancy she thought I was. Could anyone tell me how soon a geartbeat can be picked up with these machines and do you hear the hearbeat earlier with your 2nd?
Thank you.

bristols Fri 23-Feb-07 22:05:25

Its possible to pick up a heart beat from about six weeks with a doppler. But obviously, your scan will tell you more! HTH and good luck

ale233 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:06:15

Thank you, I'll wait for the scan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now