Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Terified first time mum

(5 Posts)
dottymay Thu 19-Jan-17 13:07:08

Hello,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant,have raging morning sickness constantly have eaten nothing but apricots and nuts for 3 days.

I'm also exhausted! Want to sleep all the time feel so bad for scaring my other half with all this and feel like crying at daffodils.

My question........ is all this normal?

Jojo13 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:13:34

Perfectly normal!
The first few (and last few) weeks are exhausting.
You'll probably find after a few more weeks you can eat more, feel less sick and have more energy. Around 10-12 weeks for me both times.
Congrats xx

eastcoastmum2014 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:34:07

Completely normal, everyone's experience of pregnancy and every pregnancy are different! The early first trimester stuff does subside and then you get a nice break in the second until you hit the third and feel like a barage balloon with crumbling hips (sorry currently 38 weeks pregnant and sick of it haha!) Congratulations on your pregnancy, rest as much as you can, drink lots to deal with your morning sickness, try and keep up with the prenatal vitamins and if you want to cry at daffodils then go for it, it will make you feel better flowers

user1480264544 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:54:21

It's perfectly normal! I had horrific sickness was bed bound for days spent most of my hours feeling so sorry for myself! To top it off I have a 19 month old to contend with which has made it all the more difficult!! I'm now 12 + 4 and have actually been able to get up and do housework and haven't been sick! I've not been able to eat but there is light at the end of the tunnel it certainly gets better!! flowers I found drinking plenty of water has been my saving grace and as painful as this sounds try to eat through the sickness as funnily enough it's hunger that tends to make it worse! Little and often .. toast .. biscuits all the boring stuff but it may work x

user1480264544 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:57:22

P.s if it is so bad then maybe see your doctor they gave me some anti sickness medication that really helped me through my worst moments! And another thing if your body is saying sleep then seriously sleep!! One thing I missed out on with a poorly toddler attached to my leg .. sitting in the bathroom with me whilst I was sick and pulling my hair! blush x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now