Talk

Advanced search

Blood clot help!

(8 Posts)
Brussels1 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:49:42

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and just passed a blood clot this morning when I went to the toilet. Does anyone know what this could be.

divadee Thu 19-Jan-17 11:51:41

It could be a bit of your mucus plug, but I would be straight on the phone to your midwife or maternity triage and get checked. Did you manage to save the clot? Do you have a low lying placenta?

Alj001 Thu 19-Jan-17 16:37:57

I would definitely call your midwife or the number for the day unit in the front of your maternity notes if you have one. Hope everything is ok.

Brussels1 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:48:16

I called the midwife and she didn't seem to worried as I can still feel baby moving. I've not been told I have a low lying placenta?

divadee Thu 19-Jan-17 20:32:10

You would of been told at your scans if you had a low lying placenta so don't worry about that.

I would just keep an eye on it and if it happens again call the midwife. Same if you have any change in movements.

Justcurious000 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:16:02

Have you called your maternity assessment wars at your chosen hospital? I find they take things a lot more seriously that your community midwife. If I had an issue I called them.

Justcurious000 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:16:30

Ward that should have said.

Brussels1 Thu 19-Jan-17 22:30:46

Yes they referred me to the ward and they just pretty much said the same.
Also if it was my mucus plug how long does it usually take to go into labour?
Thank you all for your advise 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now