Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

God im nervous about all the tests

(5 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:57:11

I have my midwife booking a appointment in a couple of weeks. Im so so excited about the baby i really am (5weeks) and OH does nothing but pamper it smile but im really nervous about all the tests. I had a google and had no idea they tested for so much like chlamydia etc et c. I guess its normal to feel anxious and theres no reason for me to suspect anything will crop up - stupid me for googling and reading horrible stories about women finding out the hard way their partner had been cheating. Guess im scared my happiest times could go so sad. Hormones?

Jellybabie3 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:57:38

Btw i realise i am being abit of an idiot

Barefootcontessa84 Thu 19-Jan-17 12:56:07

How do you pamper a 5 week foetus...? confused. You'll be fine OP. It's the screening tests for the baby that are usually more anxiety-inducing than the initial tests for chlamydia etc....,

Jellybabie3 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:46:12

Oh i was moaning about cramps the other night and when i went to bed there was a hot water bottle from OH which had a note on it 'to poppy (our nickname for bump) love daddy' i thought it was sweet anyway!

oliversmummy26 Thu 19-Jan-17 17:10:51

Oh Jelly that is very sweet of your OH, bless him smile
You'll be fine with the initial tests, don't worry about those, the tests for the baby are very worrying, there is so much that can go wrong. But having said that, the odds are definitely in your favour, so try not to worry too much and just enjoy being pregnant - congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now