Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What would you do?

(5 Posts)
oops1diditagain Wed 18-Jan-17 21:41:07

Hello
I am after some sage mumsnet advice please. We had a bit of an infestation of mice in garage a year or so back, and the little blighters seemed to get everywhere and pee and poo everywhere (and were found dead in a bag of bird seed) anyway - a lot of my baby stuff was out there - the bassinet for the pram, pushchair, car seat etc. Some of this was higher up so not sure if they went near it or not. Do you think removing all covers and washing on high temp will suffice or would you buy new stuff? This is our 3rd LO so things are slightly worn out anyway - although totally safe and functional - I guess this just gives me the creeps a bit and wanted to find out what others would do. Thanks in advance.

drinkyourmilk Wed 18-Jan-17 21:50:36

I'd wash on a high temperature to see how it looks, however if there is any danger of the mice poison being in contact with it then bin and buy more.

oops1diditagain Wed 18-Jan-17 22:01:41

Hi drinkyourmilk thanks for response - there was no poison used - they died naturally - as we didnt realise they were even there till we found them in the bird seed bag. It was just the possibility of mice pee being on the stuff that concerns me.

drinkyourmilk Wed 18-Jan-17 23:00:30

In that case I wouldn't worry, just wash and use if it still looks half decent.

Archip17 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:03:44

Hi Oops,

We had exactly the same in our garage, but with rats. Ugh. I plan to wash what I can, and get buggy and car seat steam cleaned. I've found a few companies that do this for you. Google buggy cleaning.

And we no longer store bird food in the garage...!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now