Talk

Advanced search

Toxoplasmosis - think I'm being stupid...

(6 Posts)
KatnissMellark Wed 18-Jan-17 21:06:17

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and touched the soil of a houseplant earlier, then later on put my finger in my mouth...I can't remember if I washed my hands in between. I rinsed my mouth out with corsodyl three times and am hoping for the best. I have a midwife appointment on Friday- should I mention it then?

We've had a cat for 7 years so most likely I'll have had it before so maybe don't need to worry?

Catlady100 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:30:00

Isn't all compost sterilised? Pretty sure it is so would be completely fine. Unless it was soil taken from the garden where cats had been cant see an issue. Know how you feel though this is my number one fear! The worry never stops eh? 😊 x

KatnissMellark Wed 18-Jan-17 21:31:59

Definitely not taken from garden. Its a plant my MIL bought me as a gift and the soil has a composty-texture. I had no idea Compost was sterilised!

Catlady100 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:39:33

Yeah it is, not for this reason but so it has no weed seeds or anything that might affect the plants. smile

calimommy Fri 20-Jan-17 03:26:27

Your mouth is a good place for it actually. Between the saliva and stomach acid there's a good chance most things will be killed.

NickyEds Fri 20-Jan-17 04:02:51

You will be absolutely fine. Don't give it another thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now