Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to take my mind off it?

(4 Posts)
sj257 Wed 18-Jan-17 15:54:06

Baby due today, was induced with my other children because I was very overdue. I'm driving myself mad constantly thinking and googling about how to start labour even though I know it all already, and googling symptoms etc. I need to calm the F down but not sure how 😞

ExpectoPatronummmm Wed 18-Jan-17 17:41:12

I wouldn't just pretend my due date is two weeks from now.
That's what I'm doing this time, due middle of march but I say April to myself

Justcurious000 Wed 18-Jan-17 18:17:29

I was like that and think I will be this time! I tried everything and couldn't stop looking at the calendar even though I knew what day it was but just time watching constant!! There's nothing you can really do, I think hot currys and walks etc are a load or shite. Do you have a sweep booked? That's something to look toward.

Otherwise try and stay calm and focus on something, a game on your phone, a book? I literally started doing cross stitch the last 2 weeks because I was so on edge waiting for the big day that never seemed to arrive, it really helped and took my mind off stuff.

sj257 Wed 18-Jan-17 19:19:20

I was like that at first however baby is huge as were my other two so they kept saying they wouldn't let me go overdue! However they changed their minds 😧 so now I feel overdue as I thought I would have had him by now! I'm struggling to concentrate on reading, I might get a cross stitch kit, used to love doing them, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now