Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best place to buy baby clothes/Muslim

(19 Posts)
MissyLP Tue 17-Jan-17 22:24:36

Any recommendations for places (online) to buy good quality but not break the bank baby clothes/muslins? I'm 24 weeks and starting to stock up on essentials. Thanks.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 17-Jan-17 22:29:32

Mothercare/Mecca.

Lalunya85 Tue 17-Jan-17 22:32:19

grin at the typo

I personally think for newborns and young babies, supermarket ranges are great value. Especially for basic vests, sleepsuits and the like.

And boots. I love boots.

Mothercare is a waste of money at that age. They will grow out of it so quickly!

Don't buy too much wink

seven201 Tue 17-Jan-17 22:33:05

Autocorrect has got you in the title!

Bog standard muslins anywhere. Posh ones - I love Aden anais. It all depends on your budget. H&m do good baby clothes. I like to get the sleepsuits etc from m&s or John Lewis as they wash well, have cute designs and are a good fit I had a newborn set from next that squished my dd's legs somehow.

seven201 Tue 17-Jan-17 22:34:17

Sorry, I somehow missed the not breaking the bank comment! Yes boots are good too.

whyohwhy000 Tue 17-Jan-17 22:34:18

Did you mean muslin? grin

Don't overbuy stuff - especially the newborn stuff.

TeaBelle Tue 17-Jan-17 22:35:57

Aldi did really nice pattered muslins in each baby event when dd was a tiny one (2 years ago)

MrsCrankypants Tue 17-Jan-17 22:42:22

I found m&s muslins the best by far. They wash great and last for ages!

LemonyFresh Tue 17-Jan-17 22:48:59

Next and h+m do great sales - just shop clearance online. Aldi has a good baby event
starting Thursday.

hellooscar Tue 17-Jan-17 23:28:35

We get the majority from next and Zara as there quite cheap but still nice.
Also Sainsbury's although I don't buy myself have been given some clothes from there and they wash as well as the next ones.
We also get all are vests from marks and Spencer's and couldn't fault them at all.

PeachBellini123 Wed 18-Jan-17 00:53:04

Primark are great for muslins. We have them draped everywhere so definitely worth stocking up on.

Valentine2 Wed 18-Jan-17 01:18:51

Baby clothes and Muslim? Now THATS a tough one I guess grin

riddles26 Wed 18-Jan-17 08:31:17

Aldi have a baby event from tomorrow. I got some in their last event when still pregnant and love their stuff smile

All the supermarkets also do baby events and discounts, try get the essentials when they are running, as a pp said, its the best stuff for newborns as they grow out of it so quickly

NewMum17 Wed 18-Jan-17 09:28:42

A mum recommended Mamas and Papas muslins as better quality than Mothercare so I have bought a pack but not yet a mummy so can't comment personally.
I've bought baby clothes from Mothercare and Next so far. Heard Next is good quality and managed to get stuff in Jan sales.

Monstamio Wed 18-Jan-17 10:29:42

I also came on the recommend the aldi baby event. I stocked up at that two years ago and will be revisiting tomorrow to pick up more muslins, bath toys etc for baby no 2.

I wouldn't bother with their vests and babygros though - the quality was awful last time.

GreedyDuck Wed 18-Jan-17 10:56:02

Softest muslins I got were from Aldi, the roughest from Boots.

Multipacks of white sleepsuits & vests from John Lewis (not as expensive as you'd think). Next & M&S were good for brights that washed well.

Avoided Mamas & Papas as daylight robbery.

lilydaisyrose Wed 18-Jan-17 10:59:10

Ikea are fab for muslins! We have some lovely thick white ones with grey stars.

NewMum17 Mon 23-Jan-17 04:07:13

This is great for recommendations! I managed to get a few from Aldi. What a bargain! Thanks for mentioning going the next day Monstamia..reminded me to head down there too👍🏽

Mol1628 Mon 23-Jan-17 04:26:35

John Lewis baby grows were my favourite. Supermarket ones didn't have the turn over cuffs but that may have changed now.

Ikea muslins are good. If you want to spend a bit more the Faye and Lou ones are lovely and worth the extra money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now