Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High Temperature

(3 Posts)
vfoster Tue 17-Jan-17 17:22:06

Hello! I've had a cold for a few days and felt awful today. My cold symptoms have eased off today but I've had a temperature of about 37.7 and haven't been able to get up.
The stuff I've read says that you should only contact a midwife if you have a high temperature and no cold/flu symptoms or if it's over 39 but just wondering if it can be bad for the baby (I'm 14+2). Not even sure if 37.7 is that high?
Any advice/experiences? I have taken some paracetamol but don't want to keep taking it to be honest!

Thanks in advance.

user1468957349 Tue 17-Jan-17 17:32:52

Paracetamol is perfectly safe to take within the recommended dose. It's much less of a risk than having a high temperature and it's likely that's what the midwife will tell you anyway. I hAd this cold / flu bug just before Xmas and the GP told me just to keep taking paracetamol to keep temperature down and see it out. No harm in calling and speaking to your midwife or GP though to put your mind at rest x

vfoster Tue 17-Jan-17 19:53:03

Thank you! Paracetamol has brought it down to 37.5, good to know I can keep taking it.
I've prescribed myself bed and Netflix for the rest of tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now