Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Still worrying

(15 Posts)
Kazzyg88 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:25:28

Went to docs today. They did a test and it was positive. She felt my tummy and did my blood pressure and she said all was good. I've had chronic neck ache all day and cramping has started again about 20 mins ago. Is this "normal" at 5 weeks. I miscarried in October at 5 weeks and I'm so scared it may happen again x

FrizzBombDelight Tue 17-Jan-17 16:32:13

I still get cramping at 20weeks but less so than the early days. Try to relax as best you can, after all the worry won't help anything (I need to keep reminding myself of that one!) Good luck xx

harleysmammy Tue 17-Jan-17 18:17:06

I bled and had cramps up until 16 weeks, i still have cramp like pains in my belly and im 25 weeks now. I woke up this morning having feeling like id done 1000 situps but he was kicking away, its just ligament stretching and you'll feel that most likely all the way through. It probably wont be ligament pain at 5 weeks but it could be implantation or just cramps. When i was 8 weeks, i felt like i was having a very bad period..he was okay though. Its common to have cramps and pains in the first trimester, again neck ache could all be normal. Had a 4 day neck and head ache the other week, everythings fine. Try not to worry too much, especially if doctor said everythings fine xx

Kazzyg88 Tue 17-Jan-17 18:19:16

Thank you. It is more the neck ache that's worrying me than anything. Prob just being silly but just can't help worrying. I had brown spotting last week nothing since though x

Beewhisperer Tue 17-Jan-17 18:27:12

I got a lot of aches and tension headaches in early pregnancy. It sounds normal to me.
Hope everything goes well for you.

Kazzyg88 Tue 17-Jan-17 18:32:01

Thank you x

CatRash Tue 17-Jan-17 20:29:47

I had a lot of bad back and neck ache and stiffness between 3-6 weeks - an incredibly stiff neck was one of the first symptoms I got!

I'm 12+5 now and saw bubs for the first time yesterday at our 12 week scan.

Don't worry about it!

Spam88 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:24:14

I had what felt like a constant tension headache in early pregnancy. I found a hot water bottle on the back of my neck really helped smile

jld128 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:44:56

i had a missed miscarriage in june around 7weeks i am
now 15 had 4 scans and all been perfect but i am still to terrified to let myself get excited i feel like i'm never going to relax enough to enjoy this pregnancy, i've a bump now and a few growing pains but still can't let go of that fear sad

jld128 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:45:25

that meant to say 15weeks sorry

KERALA1 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:48:54

I remember asking my lovely elderly female very wise gp when I could "stop worrying" when I was in early pregnancy terrified of miscarriage. She put her pen down and said "never. You're a parent now you will never stop worrying" . Mine 8 and 10 now - she was right!

jld128 Tue 17-Jan-17 22:05:00

haha my mum said that i just want to enjoy being pregnant and i can't

Kazzyg88 Wed 18-Jan-17 07:16:29

Neck is feeling a bit better today. I think it may have been due to my pillow being too soft. Used a firmer one last night and it's not as achey x

Helbelle75 Wed 18-Jan-17 15:40:54

I'm 28 weeks and still worrying! Try not to though. I try to stay as relaxed as possible for baby really. It does get easier, when you can feel baby moving, but then there are many moments of panic when you can't remember last time you felt baby move!
Try to relax

MouseLove Wed 18-Jan-17 15:55:22

I'm 7+2 and worrying like mad. I'm really trying to be positive but it's so hard. My close friend had a miscarriage the last few weeks and had an op at the weekend. I've been in bits.

I have no symptoms. I've only ever got 2-3 on a digital test from my BFP to now. (I've done one every week) and so I'm worried baby isn't growing.

I have my midwife appointment next Friday and I'm desperately trying to stay calm and think positive thoughts. It's hard but I'm working on it. The lovely ladies here help loads.

I really hope you can try to calm your anxiety, try meditation for pregnancy and thinking positive thoughts. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now