Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Petrified that something has happened :(

(10 Posts)
user1481800358 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:48:13

I am 10w3d pregnant and my ms symptoms have worn off...I no longer have nausea, don't feel as exhausted and my boobs aren't as sore as they were. I am really scared something has happened because I feel much better than I have in recent weeks.

I have called my midwife and she said that this usually happens at 12 weeks but it doesn't sound something to worry about but she just didn't reassure me? I had an early scan at 8w4d and everything was fine but now I am obsessed with having another as my dating scan is not for another 2 1/2 weeks.

What does everyone think please? Xx

GinIsIn Tue 17-Jan-17 13:51:27

I was 10+5 when my symptoms went off like a light switch. I'm 37 weeks now! grin

Honestly, it's really normal between 10-16 weeks for your symptoms to get a lot better, so don't worry and enjoy the temporary reprieve!

Whatsername17 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:51:46

Symptoms mean nothing. I was sick 4 times a day and I'd had a mmc. The only thing you can do is book a private scan. The chances are, everything is fine. Good luck flowers

CupofTeaTime Tue 17-Jan-17 13:54:47

I never get traditional symptoms such as sore boobs, sickness etc and have two healthy DC. Try not to worry and enjoy feeling well! It won't last I assure you !

GreenGoblin0 Tue 17-Jan-17 14:03:11

there's a thread almost every other day about loss of symptoms. symptoms don't meant anything. if you've had an early scan and seen a heartbeat your chances of a MC are much lower. personally I would just wait for your next scan it's only 2 weeks away and nothing has happened to suggest you need one.

RoseBud2016 Tue 17-Jan-17 14:18:57

I completely lost all my symptoms overnight at 10 weeks. I freaked out and booked a private scan and all was fine. It wasn't until around 12 weeks that I started to notice I was getting a whole new set of symptoms..., nausea, vomiting and extreme tiredness were replaced by huge veiny boobs, an emerging bump and an insatiable appetite.

Easier said than none but try not to worry. It really is quite normal!

harleysmammy Tue 17-Jan-17 18:34:05

My symptoms went at 9 - 10 weeks, even went into hospital because i bled and that was the first time i saw my baby on scan, perfectly healthy. Im 24 weeks now and hes kicking me as we speak. I read that at 8 weeks (i think, i know its definitely before 10 weeks) the placenta takes over so its normal for symptoms to go. I wouldnt worry x

Seahawk80 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:38:17

I was the same, symptoms really came and went after 9-10 weeks and most of the time I felt fine. Just had another scan today for reassurance at 16 weeks as can't quite believe baby is in there!

EweAreHere Tue 17-Jan-17 21:40:20

The second trimester is the best trimester for a reason for many, many people. smile You're heading into it ... enjoy it ...

TriJo Wed 18-Jan-17 09:41:27

11 to 25 weeks was Happy Fun Time for me with DS - no symptoms and not big enough to feel really awkward. Enjoy it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now