Talk

Advanced search

When should I leave my job??

(4 Posts)
Roseforsyth14 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:41:40

I work as a carer but it is a long travel to and from work and i dont drive so I am planning on working closer to home after I have given birth. Just wanted to know when is the best time to leave as the job is very tiring already and there is a lot of bending and lifting involved. First baby so unsure of what to do and i am only 8 weeks so not planning on leaving yet lol, thank you

arbrighton Tue 17-Jan-17 14:23:20

Sadly noone can answer for you as every pregnancy is different. But given the nature of the job, you need to tell work.

You'll feel less tired in a few weeks too once you get past the first trimester.

By leave work, do you mean resign? Be aware of the impact that will have on mat pay or allowance- do some research on that.

babynumber2xx Tue 17-Jan-17 14:51:52

Im a carer well i was but i stay at home with my little boy now but when i was pregnant with him i left at 36weeks.xxx

ExpectoPatronummmm Tue 17-Jan-17 21:50:09

The earliest you can start mat leave Is 29 weeks pregnant and you could add holidays on before this to leave even earlier?

With my 1st I was a waitress and left at 36 weeks
With my 2nd I was a receptionist and left at 37 weeks
Now I work in an office but with a long walk to work due to no free parking for miles and I'm 31 weeks and struggling with pain when I walk. Im leaving at 35 weeks and cannot bloody wait smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now