Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to eat whilst pregnant?

(4 Posts)
justanotheryoungmother Tue 17-Jan-17 09:23:16

Hello everyone,

I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant with my first, and I am finding it really difficult to eat. It's nothing to do with worried about weight, but I really have no appetite most of the time. Everyone said morning sickness would go after 12 weeks but it didn't! I'm not throwing up really, but I don't have the desire to eat and when I make myself I'm nearly sick. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I'll want to eat and it's fine, but a lot of the time I really struggle to and then I feel guilty because baby must be hungry. It feels like I've eaten a lot and am being made to eat more. It's horrible. And I make myself but that makes me sick or nauseous at the least- a lot of the time even drinking water makes me feel this way, as it can be too filling?! Definitely wasn't like this before I was pregnant, I had a normal diet, but now I normally eat one meal a day and try and eat some little things here and there.

Did anyone else have this or is there something wrong with me??sad

Purplebluebird Tue 17-Jan-17 09:25:48

I was like this, and actually after birth I had lost 3kg compared to pre pregnancy! Try not to worry, and eat here and there. Put in effort to eat of course, the baby will take what the baby needs, but you will get tired and worn out if you don't eat.

FrizzBombDelight Tue 17-Jan-17 09:33:51

I can only eat small portions now because I feel uncomfortably full so quickly! Little and often and go for high fat high protein options to get max nutrition out of what food you can manage.

JJ1612 Tue 17-Jan-17 12:44:05

I'm exactly the same! I can't stomach meals at all, I just have to pick at whatever I fancy when I fancy it. Still suffering with horrendous morning sickness at 26 weeks which I have tablets for but they don't really work. Just eat whenever you feel like it and whatever you feel like, that's the advice I was given

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now