Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What is this strange feeling??

(6 Posts)
SleepForTheWeak Mon 16-Jan-17 22:29:32

I'm 19+1 and for the last few (maybe 4?) weeks I've been getting quite a strange feeling other than the usual soft fluttering and kicks you would expect.

Occasionally when I turn or move, I get a jolting sensation in my abdomen - almost like my whole uterus flipped??its hard to describe, but it's a very definite sensation and although it isn't sore it does stop me in my tracks.

I never had this at all with DD - anyone experience similar?

haveacupoftea Mon 16-Jan-17 23:15:20

He could be doing somersaults?

Havingkittens04 Tue 17-Jan-17 05:54:52

Round ligament pain...

thecatsarecrazy Tue 17-Jan-17 06:49:03

Is it a sharp pain ? Almost like your stomach muscles pulling apart?

SleepForTheWeak Tue 17-Jan-17 07:45:43

It's not sore at all, just feels like my uterus has flipped or a muscle has been jolted really suddenly?

Maybe it is somersaults but baby is still small and was even smaller when it started to happen (just every few days) - and the feeing has been the same right from when it started 🤔

Snowflakes1122 Tue 17-Jan-17 08:38:09

I get this too! It feels like a thud when I lean forward or laugh. Takes me by surprise.

I also had it with my son too. No idea what it is but my theory is because our wombs are taking up more room, things have had to squash up a little and intestines are banging around a bit. Nice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: