Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Relief from piles

(4 Posts)
divadee Mon 16-Jan-17 21:00:59

I'm 38 weeks today. And I have piles the size of a small country!!! Also now getting very very painful and itchy blush. Still constipated so that doesn't help the cycle of piles.

What can I buy over the counter that will give me some relief? I haven't got time to get to the GP this week.

snoopyokay Mon 16-Jan-17 21:11:42

When I got desperate in the middle of the night with piles I put talcum powder on them and it actually helped. 10 months after birth they still haven't gone away but much less painful confused

Wonderflonium Mon 16-Jan-17 21:44:00

Hemorrhoid gel is fantastic. Just ask at the pharmacy.

JustHavinABreak Mon 16-Jan-17 21:55:06

This has been my life for the last couple of weeks. Tried all the creams and ointments and still just wanted to shoot myself 😣 Eventually found two things that gave me relief...saline solution to shrink them and numbing gel to ease the pain. Saturate a pad or some gauze in saline solution and put it as close as possible to the piles. This will shrink them down over the course of a few days. Use a numbing gel like Instillagel to ease the pain. It comes in small disposable plastic syringes. Both are a viable OTC at a pharmacy. Hope that helps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now