Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Relief from piles

(4 Posts)
divadee Mon 16-Jan-17 21:00:59

I'm 38 weeks today. And I have piles the size of a small country!!! Also now getting very very painful and itchy blush. Still constipated so that doesn't help the cycle of piles.

What can I buy over the counter that will give me some relief? I haven't got time to get to the GP this week.

snoopyokay Mon 16-Jan-17 21:11:42

When I got desperate in the middle of the night with piles I put talcum powder on them and it actually helped. 10 months after birth they still haven't gone away but much less painful confused

Wonderflonium Mon 16-Jan-17 21:44:00

Hemorrhoid gel is fantastic. Just ask at the pharmacy.

JustHavinABreak Mon 16-Jan-17 21:55:06

This has been my life for the last couple of weeks. Tried all the creams and ointments and still just wanted to shoot myself 😣 Eventually found two things that gave me relief...saline solution to shrink them and numbing gel to ease the pain. Saturate a pad or some gauze in saline solution and put it as close as possible to the piles. This will shrink them down over the course of a few days. Use a numbing gel like Instillagel to ease the pain. It comes in small disposable plastic syringes. Both are a viable OTC at a pharmacy. Hope that helps x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: