Talk

Advanced search

Bloated and aching and paranoid

(9 Posts)
Kazzyg88 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:33:25

Sorry to keep posting but I'm so paranoid I'm going to miscarry again that every pain I'm feeling is worrying me. This is more of a get it off my chest thread than anything. My shoulders are aching my lower back is aching my womb is aching like its being twisted and pulled and my hips ache if I'm stood still for too long. Anyone else suffer/suffered with this. I don't remember any of this with my DS.

ALLthedinosaurs Mon 16-Jan-17 19:16:08

Kazzy how far are you? Is it worth getting a private scan yet to put your mind at ease?

I had all those aches including down my legs like AF was coming between 4-6 weeks. I remember having cramps with DS as well but not as bad.

Can you chill out with your feet up and some distraction for a few days?

Sorry about your MC flowers hope all's well now. The worrying drives you mad, doesn't it? flowers

Kazzyg88 Mon 16-Jan-17 19:21:02

I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. Unfortunately no rest for the wicked as I work full time in a school and have a 4 and half year old. Going to have a warm bath in a bit hope it helps x

ALLthedinosaurs Mon 16-Jan-17 19:37:09

I managed to excuse myself from more active jobs at work by saying I had a "bad back" blush are your work very understanding?

Hope your bath helps. Hopefully it is just everything stretching and moving into place. I did have a lot of scary pains but it did ease off around 6 weeks

Kazzyg88 Mon 16-Jan-17 19:47:30

Yeh they are pretty good. I read that the 'pains' are worse the 2nd time round so hopefully its all ok. Honestly feels like my uterus is trying to push out of my tummy lol x

jinglebellmel Wed 18-Jan-17 15:27:42

Hi kazzy, I had 2 miscarriages before this current pregnancy, so I can absolutely sympathise with the paranoia at every twinge. I'm 17 weeks now and I'd love to say I'm past the point of worrying but I still panic over every bit of trapped wind and have nightmares about loosing the baby. So I'm not a massive help sorry! But you aren't alone if that helps?!

This is my 4th pregnancy and the cramping and period type pains early on we're much stronger than I remember with my son or either of this miscarriages, so these aren't neccesarily a sign of anything untoward.

When did you miscarry last time? Would a private scan after that point in the pregnancy help a bit - you can get the on weekends.

BeccyButterfly Wed 18-Jan-17 16:18:22

Glad i'm not the only one! im 5wks+4 and the bloated stomach and pain in the top of my legs is not something i was expecting so soon. i've also had a banging headache for 2 days, which i've been trying not to take any pain relief for. x

m33r Wed 18-Jan-17 18:15:35

I'm 10+4 after 3 MCs and have stretchy pains the whole time and really worried but I had none with my 3 MCs. I've had 2 scans and all is well so I think it is normal. I have also had banging headaches (drinking water helped me) and also a few random days where I've ached all over. Fingers crossed all is well but your symptoms are the same as mine were / are x

SmellySphinx Wed 18-Jan-17 18:21:28

I had a miscarriage (not sure how many weeks) before falling pregnant now, am nearly 37 weeks now. I had no aches and pains initially when I miscarried, I only noticed because I started bleeding.

When I fell pregnant again around 2-3 months was when I had the pains of my uterus stretching and basically just doing it's job! This is my 3rd, just try to physically relax as much as you can, take your time. There is nothing you can do either way. I know, much much easier said than done x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now