Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it safe to eat Taramasalata?

(9 Posts)
Hopeitwontbebig Fri 23-Feb-07 14:28:17

Hi, does anyone know for sure if it's safe to eat Taramasalate. I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I'm struggling to find quick easy foods that I can stomach. Diet hasn't been very good these past weeks, but I guess it's better that starving!

KathyMCMLXXII Fri 23-Feb-07 14:35:51

Never heard of any problems with taramasalata!

mytwocents Fri 23-Feb-07 14:40:52

I ate sardinian roe last week, was told is fine, caviar too - in theory, can't stand it myself!!- so sure tara is fine........

Bodkin Fri 23-Feb-07 14:41:10

I craved it with my first pg! Ate loads, had a very healthy baby. I think it is also a good source of vitamin D, which is good. Just make sure it is well within date.

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 14:41:43

yes!

it's liver and paté you're meant to be avoiding...

Aloha Fri 23-Feb-07 15:16:57

Yes, it's also full of healthy vitamin D!

Hopeitwontbebig Sat 24-Feb-07 13:53:40

Hi ladies, thank you all for replying to my question. I wasn't 100% sure, didn't want to take any chances. BRING ON THE TARAMASALATA . . . WOO HOO

MrsThreads Fri 05-Sep-08 15:07:21

I am loving this post as I was thinking I wasn't allowed any and we bought some last night for when friends come round tonight.

Woohoo, can eat it knowing baby is getting Vitamin D

xx

bikerunski Fri 05-Sep-08 15:30:30

I have eaten loads, also hummus and gucamole. Appear to have forgotten how to chew smile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now