Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sevenseas pregnancy care or pregnacare?

(10 Posts)
MoonshineJungle Mon 16-Jan-17 11:45:05

I got a call from my doctor the day before Christmas Eve he gave me an increase in my folic acid and said I need to take pregnacare, I suffered really badly with morning sickness so only made it to my nearest chemist, they adviced me the sevensea ones were the same as pregnacare, is that right or should I move on to pregnacare now? I keep reading how horrible they taste and the sevensea ones aren't making me feel too great swallowing them so I'm going to try and go for the liquid version as it doesn't take much to make me sick at the moment!

SmellySphinx Mon 16-Jan-17 11:48:19

Did your Dr say "need" or was it just a suggestion? I got a higher dose of folic acid from the Dr with my first pregnancy and recommended I take vits but it wasn't essential really as I was eating and drinking relatively healthily.

Pregnacare I found, actually MADE me feel sick, I atopped takong them after two months and stopped getting stomach ache and nausea.

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 16-Jan-17 11:49:01

I find seven seas much nicer than pregnacare. Pregnacare made my sickness worse and (tmi) gave me terrible constipation. They both contain the same vitamins though.

MoonshineJungle Mon 16-Jan-17 12:12:26

I was told I need to take them, I'm on the higher dose folic acid all the way through apparently, I have problems with vitamin D levels and iron so he said I need to be on pregnacare throughout but looking at the boxes I can't see much difference? I've nearly finished my first pack of the sevenseas vitamins and I'm a bit reluctant to change to pregnacare as I never hear anything good about it, I have a midwife appointment Wednesday I think I'll ask and see what she says. Trying to minimise the sickness as much as possible, sickness and anxiety are making me stay home way more than I'd like to!

Hollyhop17 Mon 16-Jan-17 12:19:11

Pregnacare was awful for me. Really bad constipation. I switched and it made a big difference

SasBel Mon 16-Jan-17 12:21:58

I used pregnacare for all 3 pregnancies, the iron content did cause constipation blush seven seas I have never taken so cannot comment. Good luck.

Snowflakes1122 Mon 16-Jan-17 13:45:53

taking the Pregnacare plus. Like pp, I've used it in all my pregnancies too.
I don't think it matters too much regarding the brand. They both have folic acid, which is the key one.

Take whichever agrees with you the best.

Also, I'm taking floradix for iron. It helped me massively when I had bad anemia following severe blood loss last summer. You can take it alongside iron tablets.

Snowflakes1122 Mon 16-Jan-17 13:49:43

No constipation issues here, as I have dried apricots and fruit and fibre. Definitely helps grin

HellsBellsK Mon 16-Jan-17 14:00:39

I also take the Pregnancare plus and find it find. I don't have any constipation issues grin
I take them first thing in the morning right before I have my breakfast - works for me.

I say they are pretty much the same though.

babyunicornvomit Mon 16-Jan-17 14:13:18

I took Seven Seas and thought I was okay on them, but ran out one day (think I was about 7w) and suddenly starting having a lot more energy and just felt more... switched on? I felt like I could just get things done better, and my nausea almost completely stopped. I just went to Aldi and bought Iron, Vitamin B+B12, Calcium and Folic Acid in 4 seperate bottles all for about 60p each (doctor says this is completely fine) and I've found it's so much better for me, but everybody is different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now