Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The first Trimester

(8 Posts)
Raffles1981 Mon 16-Jan-17 08:46:22

Morning Ladies - Well, I took three tests on Friday and they were all positive. This is my first baby. Called and left a message with the midwife, as the GP surgery told me to, so now I wait....We have decided to start telling families etc in about five weeks time. Should be close to three months then I reckon (obviously not sure yet) but for now - I just want to know - is it normal to feel so crappy? I have symptoms of a cold, tired, muscle pains/cramps and just generally want to sleep ALL the time. Is this ok? x

arbrighton Mon 16-Jan-17 08:52:11

Sadly all fairly normal- even the 'cold' is something called pregnancy rhinitis.

And yeah, from about 6- 10 weeks, I was EXHAUSTED

The good news is that eases after the first trimester.

kezmarie Mon 16-Jan-17 08:52:35

Yep totally normal. Welcome to the first trimester!
I'm 11+5 so bowing out of the first tri now, but it's been horrific.
Nausea and vomiting every day. Sleeping for 12 hours as soon as I'm home from work. Fit for nothing, so achey and tired.
All seems to have subsided now!

Raffles1981 Mon 16-Jan-17 09:12:28

Thank you for the swift replies. I don't have my mother in my life and have no one to turn to right now. So I may have to rely on you lovely ladies for advice. But oh my god, I thought giving up drink would be the worst thing - but this generally feeling like crap and not being able to eat things I love! I may miss the food more than the drink....

Mumh3art16 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:00:44

Hi, am I ok to join?
I got my BFP yest and am feeling all the above symptoms including the cold will look up that rhinitis. 😊

Dudleygirl85 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:07:30

Yep all normal. You're lucky you haven't got sickness too like me. I'm 12wks + 5 days

Raffles1981 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:14:15

Well, I have felt nausea when eating (which was my first clue) but no actual sickness. I keep getting waves of nausea. I am just waiting for the sickness to commence. Or does it depend? I have always assumed all pregnant women are sick to being with.

arbrighton Mon 16-Jan-17 10:16:54

I just got nausea. Alllllllllllllll day. Unless I had just eaten something beige.

the odd bit of actual sickness rather than just feeling like it, might have been easier to deal with, but it definitely tailed off by 12 weeks for me. Now 16 wks tomorrow. Apart from the real cold rather than pregnancy snots, I feel quite good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now