Talk

Advanced search

Really spotty shoulders. First baby 14+2

(10 Posts)
Sophiemck95 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:06:09

So over the past 2 weeks or so I have noticed both of my shoulders have gotten REALLY spotty, not like huge spots but little pimples and it's just on my shoulders. I have a few spots on my face also. What does this mean? I've been seeing a lot of things about spots meaning you could be carrying a girl? Is this true? Any particular symptoms that means you could be carrying a girl baby?

SaltedCaramelEverything Sun 15-Jan-17 21:14:26

There are lots of old wives tales. The one I have found most accurate in my friends is morning sickness. Those who have it worse had girls.

My skin got worse the week my app said something about if it's a boy you'll get some extra testosterone. It's a boy smile

kathrynelizabeth3005 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:38:39

I'm prone to thinking old wives' tales are just that and have no basis in fact. It's all coincidence! I had terrible morning sickness from week 6 until week 16 and I'm having a boy. Also had absolutley tonnes of pimples/spots that appeared on my shoulders and upper arms through the first 3 months of my pregnancy. They've cleared up now- (I'm 27 weeks at the moment) my midwife said it's just a hormone thing (no matter the sex of your baby!) because there's so much going on in those early months!

Kazzyg88 Mon 16-Jan-17 07:03:03

I have spots all over my chest. I'm only 4+6 though and these appeared a couple of weeks ago. Good old hormones x

anotherBadAvatar Mon 16-Jan-17 14:34:32

Loads of spots this pregnancy (boy). None at all with DD1. Old wives tales indeed.

PatsFan Mon 16-Jan-17 16:20:54

I had horrific bacne. Looked like I had leprosy. All the old wives tales for a girl have happened to me and according to scans she is a she!

datingbarb Mon 16-Jan-17 16:46:57

Saltedcaramel may be on to something! I had spotty shoulder in all 4 of my pregnancies (in fact it's usually first sign I'm pregnant) and I have had 4 girls

ekwutosi Mon 16-Jan-17 16:48:17

I had spotty shoulders and had a boy.

datingbarb Mon 16-Jan-17 16:49:34

Oops read her post wrong!

I have never had morning sickness with my girls

My friend had 3 boys and had horrendous sickness until about 30 weeks with all she then went in to have a girl and had no sickness at all

Think everything just boils down to the individual some get sick, some get spots no matter what the gender

thethoughtfox Mon 16-Jan-17 16:51:11

I got 'pregnancy acne'. Didn't even know this was a thing. Only on my face though. I did have a girl, though, FWIW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now