Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant again after missed miscarriage

(18 Posts)
mummyholly1606 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:31:23

I have just found out im 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. We had a missed miscarriage last year and really struggling to relax. Any little niggle and I think somethings wrong. Our last baby's heart had stopped beating at 9 +6 but we didn't find our until our routine 12 week scan. Any tips or reassurance would be lovely

Gallavich Sun 15-Jan-17 20:32:53

Ummm I was a nervous wreck all through tbh
Had a lovely healthy baby boy though so all was well and I'm sure it will be for you. Once you've lost a pg you never take it for granted I don't think. Try to cultivate some coping mechanisms for when you get too anxious.

Spindelina Sun 15-Jan-17 20:34:10

No tips I'm afraid because it's just shit.

But I've just had my 12 week scan and all is well, having had a MMC in May. So I will hold your hand if I may?

BifsWif Sun 15-Jan-17 20:35:50

Try to remember that this is a completely different, new pregnancy. There is no reason to think that the same thing will happen again.

Miscarriage robs the joy out of any subsequent pregnancy I think. I didn't relax at all after mine, even after the 12 week scan. My two year old terror is currently snoring away upstairs. smile

Whatsername17 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:42:19

Come and join the staying posifrickentive thread. We've all suffered a loss and completely get how horrific pregnancy can be after a loss. Last year I lost a baby in the same way as you. I'm now 39+2 flowers

Helbelle75 Sun 15-Jan-17 22:03:19

Try to stay positive (it's really hard)
I had a mmc in may. Found out at a private scan at 10.5 weeks (I was bleeding and suspected something was wrong).
I found out i was pregnant again in July and am now nearly 28 weeks. I had a private scan at 10 weeks, which was very reassuring. But, I have been worried most days that something is wrong. I've tried to relax about it, but it's very hard.
Congratulations and try to enjoy it!

Wolfiefan Sun 15-Jan-17 22:06:59

My first pg ended in mmc. I didnt find out until 13 weeks but baby stopped growing about 6. It was bloody horrendous.
Got pg again. Spent the whole time symptom checking and comparing the two experiences. Terrified that it would end the same way and I would never have a baby. He's 13 now!
I think there was something wrong first time round. It was bloody awful but nothing I had done or could have prevented.
Wishing you all the best.

mummyholly1606 Mon 16-Jan-17 16:26:55

Thank you all. Just knowing I'm not the only one to go through this helps and knowing you've had healthy pregnancies afterwards helps. I'm just looking forward to the day I get really sick as I had hyperemesis with my 1st but nothing with my second pregnancy and they told me that was a sign something was wrong.

Kazzyg88 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:27:12

I'm in the same boat atm. I mc in october at 5 weeks and I'm 5 weeks again now and everything is aching and I'm terrified it's happening again x

BifsWif Mon 16-Jan-17 21:58:23

Don't get too hung up on symptoms, I drove myself crazy! I didn't get a single symptom (except a bump and a baby!) with my first. I was convinced that meant something was wrong.

Aches and pains are normal too, everything is stretching out in there. Severe pain should obviously be checked out, but period type aches and pains are normal. Try to relax and just repeat to yourself, 'I have no reason to think anything is wrong, today I am pregnant'. It helped me smile

blossombottom Mon 16-Jan-17 23:06:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BUNMUM Mon 16-Jan-17 23:18:52

Hi OP smile
Congratulations bear
Several year's ago I had a MMC found at my 12 week scan. Not a good time. Fell pregnant again about a year or so later. Had terrible, awful all the time sickness sad worry worry but got through it and gave birth to my 3rd child. She's 12 tomorrow!
Holding your hand and wishing you well x

Whatsername17 Tue 17-Jan-17 06:41:07

Op for me it was the other way around. No sickness at all with my dd, but I was sick 4 times a day with my mmc. Even after the baby had died. Remember, every pregnancy is different, good luck to you. flowers

mummyholly1606 Tue 31-Jan-17 09:51:34

Just an update. Unfortunately it hasn't turned out well for me again. Another missed miscarriage at 5 weeks. 😢. On breaking the news to me the consultant wanted to remove everything within the next 30 minutes. I feel I was robbed of being able to make a management decision of my own but at least now it is all over with

Pineapple80 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:27:15

I'm so sorry to hear this holly. I've been through a mmc but only once and it was heartbreaking so I can't imagine what you're going through. Take care and know we are here if you need to talk flowers

PurpleParadise2016 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:06:55

So sorry to hear this mummyholly. The same thing happened to me last year, and its horrible. Sending hugs.

Badgerbird Wed 01-Feb-17 11:50:49

mummyholly I am so so sorry for your loss. How devastating. I hope you have all the support you need.

I didn't want to read and run and just wanted to let you know had 2 MMC's within space of 7 months, utterly heartbreaking. I'm currently 23+5.

Please try to take as much time as you need to grieve and heal. It's so much to take in emotionally and physically. Wishing you all the luck in the future 

jinglebellmel Wed 01-Feb-17 13:51:22

So sorry mummyholly, its massively cruel and unfair. Just wanted to let you know that I had a mmc is May followed by an early (but not missed in August) and am now 20 weeks. So far it's going well. After the 2 miscarriages in a row I was convinced it would happen again, I hope that offers you some hope/comfort if you're feeling it's all doomed to fail like I was.

Incidentally my GP offered some blood tests after the 2nd miscarriage and they did show an issue that quite possibly caused the miscarriages. Possibly the last thing on your mind right now, and there's a good chance you've just been 'unlucky' but maybe worth asking if they can offer any tests at this stage when you're upto it. Take care of yourself X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now