Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Friends

(4 Posts)
Layarose Sun 15-Jan-17 14:26:47

Hey I'm 37 weeks pregnant just wondering if anyone else has had trouble making friends or lost any it seems since Iv been pregnant all mine have vanished and only contact when they need something. It would be good to talk to or get to know some pro social people smilesmile

Teaspoon74 Sun 15-Jan-17 14:47:47

Hiya - I think it can be a tough time for some people when friends get pregnant for a whole range of reasons.

Did you meeet people through BCT? Or have you got a local children's centre nearby you can meet other mums to be/new mums?

Expecting my first in May and I've seen two close friendships drift in the last 3 months - one a friend who mc'd around the time I realised I was pregnant and J think it's pretty tough for her at the moment. The other a pal who has always wanted kids but has gynae issues which mean she's vv unlikely to conceive (naturally or via IVF).

Trying to be understanding of both, but doesn't stop it hurting! Sure you'll be fine! flowers

Layarose Sun 15-Jan-17 15:01:58

Hi I suppose so but I'm always inviting them round and it's not like all we did before was party and I wouldn't mind but it's when they don't even ask how u are but then message for something big like are can u borrow me this can u do that. And my really sure if there are any groups near by but it doesn't EPL I have anxiety I suppose.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Mon 16-Jan-17 08:49:35

I had so many people interested while I was pregnant and couldn't believe how they all went up in a puff of smoke as soon as DD was born! Apparently toddler groups are good for making friends... Will be trying some with baby2 due in summer... I personally have made peace with having only an odd few friends, am busy and happy with my family life, and get social contact with my colleagues (office full of women) at work... Can't lie would be nice to have some friends to have a coffee with though! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now