Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4weeks pregnant but so bloated i look 3 months. And AF like pains

(11 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Sun 15-Jan-17 13:48:13

So is this normal? Got BFP last thurs and will be off to have doc appointment this week. I am just so bloated already i feel like i already have a protruding tummy and tights and trousers are uncomfortable. Is this normal to be so bloated? I also keep getting pains like AF. I would have technically had period yesterday.

arbrighton Sun 15-Jan-17 15:14:36

Sadly the bloating does seem to be be normal although I had it a little further on.

some cramp type pains are also common- possibly implantation and the fact everything is having to start to stretch and expand.

try not to worry.

And, I didn't need to see GP to get started with midwives, all they did was handed me midwife service no at reception to call and book in myself. There seem to be as many different ways of doing it as there are babies born!

MouseLove Sun 15-Jan-17 17:19:53

Congratulations. All normal. You shouldn't need to see your GP unless you have other medical concerns. Just ask for a midwife booking appointment. It should be in your 8th week. X

Patsy99 Sun 15-Jan-17 17:23:01

I had AF type pains throughout first trimesters. There's a lot going on down there!

ALLthedinosaurs Sun 15-Jan-17 17:28:40

I had AF pains between 4-6 weeks. That subsided and now at 9 I'm having round ligament pains every time I cough (remember those from attempting to swing a gigantobump around last time - didn't think theyd be back so soon!) and on and off bloating.

At my practice you HAVE to see a GP first and then book your midwife, who sees you about 10ish weeks so speak to the receptionist and see what they say.

Congratulations! smile

Pinkbottletop Sun 15-Jan-17 19:18:55

Having the exact same! Bloating and cramps on and off throughout the day. I'm 5 weeks exactly today.

Jellybabie3 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:43:09

Hi all. Thanks for the reassurance. My surgery said i will need GP appoint first so thats what i will do i guess. Any idea what tests they do?

MouseLove Mon 16-Jan-17 08:15:04

Probably just a pregnancy test. But usually they would not request to see you so maybe the procedure is slightly different where you are. X

ALLthedinosaurs Mon 16-Jan-17 19:26:41

Mine did my blood pressure and weight and made sure I was taking folic acid. Then just asked if I had any questions. And got the cardboard wheel out to work out due date etc but of course I had worked that out already. They gave me Emma's diary and a little book about having a healthy pregnancy and the receptionist did the midwife form and the prescription exemption form for me 😊

Kazzyg88 Mon 16-Jan-17 20:00:58

Ive been having a really heavy twisting sensation for 2 days I'm 5 weeks. Feels like my womb is about to drop out lol x

Jellybabie3 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:19:41

Ace thanks for the info. Glad its not just me kazzy...and i guess we are super heightened to everything going on down there! I also got IBS flare today so im guessing that hasnt helped, feels like belly button is on fire. Stupid stomach! Ah well. So happy with my BFP. I will just do my best to hide the bloated belly!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now