Talk

Advanced search

Embarrassing Problem (tmi)

(11 Posts)
rachelb2014 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:44:28

Hi everyone,

Sorry for tmi but - does anyone else have this embarrassing problem?

During this pregnancy I've been finding it a lot more difficult to go to the toilet (constipated) and it means... I sometimes need to go at work.

I just can't poo away from home in a toilet cubicle. I tense up, can't relax and nothing happens - and then to make it even worse for me, somebody will always come in and use the next cubicle to mine (despite there being about seven of them! Argh!)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Rach

FormerlyFrikadela01 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:52:54

Constipation is very common in pregnancy. I think you can take things like senna or fybogel for it, however I'd ask your midwife to be sure.

justanotheryoungmother Sat 14-Jan-17 18:56:24

I am also going through this sad

Nottalotta Sat 14-Jan-17 19:03:35

It is very common, and there are things you can take, lactulose being one of them. I have found diet helps too, even just having a bowl of branflakes a day.

Try not to withhold going though, as it can cause problems. Then there is the joy that is piles which I should think are worse than pooping at work!

ExpectoPatronummmm Sat 14-Jan-17 19:23:37

I knew from the title that it would be to do with poo.
First two pregnancies I never suffered but now (3rd) I've had the misfortune.

One day at work it was so painful I was nearly crying- and couldn't exactly go back to the office full of females and tell them what was wrong! Was horrible.

I now eat bran flakes every morning and TOUCH WOOD I don't have trouble anymore

rachelb2014 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:23:12

Thanks everyone.

I would add that I'm not the poo troll! I just physically cannot go at work. Even if I try to I can't! blush

CurlsLDN Sat 14-Jan-17 20:36:35

Yep I think most pregnant women suffer with constipation, the iron in the supplements will cause it aside from anything else.
I found that a glass of prune juice each morning sorted it right out, icy cold from the fridge it's nice, like a very sweet ribena

CurlsLDN Sat 14-Jan-17 20:37:43

*when I say sorted it out, I mean it just put me back to my usual routine (pootine?) not that it had a huge laxative effect, as I can see you wouldn't want that to happen at work!

Nottalotta Sat 14-Jan-17 22:38:01

Good point re the supplements. I can't take pregnancy vitamins, I just take folic acid with vitamin D.

ConvincingLiar Sun 15-Jan-17 10:02:13

I have found fybogel usually sorts me out of constipated. After one sachet I try and eat more fibre/fruit/veg for a few days.

deepestblue Sun 15-Jan-17 10:19:57

is there any other quieter toilets you could go to? i used to go for a walk sometimes and run to a toilet in the stair block which was always quieter than the office ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now