Talk

Advanced search

Is this an early miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
thecomputersaysno Fri 13-Jan-17 19:52:54

I found out i was pregnant yesterday morning (home test was positive and said 1-2 weeks)
It was unexpected but ultimately good news.
Now today just before lunchtime I started getting very strong cramps followed by bleeding- if I hadn't done the test I would think my period was starting - that's exactly how first day would feel.
Is this an early miscarriage? I did 2 different home tests - could they have been wrong?
If it's a miscarriage then what should i do - wait it out? See a gp or EPU (obviously I'm not registered yet)
Also I have 2 DC, first pregnancy i had cramps but no bleeding, 2nd pregnancy had intermittent light bleeding throughout first half but it was lighter than this and no strong cramps.

Has anyone had similar and still stayed pregnant?

I guess i feel sad although i have really just known for a day and it was a surprise. I wish I hadn't done the test!

FuzzyOwl Fri 13-Jan-17 20:03:28

Really sorry you are going through this. flowers Unfortunately, the EPU won't be able to say until around six/seven weeks (and even then they might want you to go back for a second scan), so really all you can do is wait a few days and do another test.

With my second pregnancy, I had a large amount of implantation bleeding and cramps. Everything was as if my period was beginning except the bleeding only lasted two days. With my third pregnancy, I had lots of bad cramps but no bleeding. Both of these pregnancies progressed without any problems. However, my first pregnancy caused me no bleeding or excessively painful cramps and was a mmc. I really hope you get good news and everything goes well for you.

thecomputersaysno Fri 13-Jan-17 20:12:04

Thanks Fuzzy
I'd like to think there's still a chance it will be ok, but i do realise that it also could not be.
I guess i need to see what happens the next few days.
It's weird how your world gets turned around in a day!

Ilovecaindingle Fri 13-Jan-17 20:13:47

It's called a chemical pregnancy. When you get +hpt then af shows as usual. . Sorry this has happened. I have had 4 and they are cruel.

Whatsername17 Sat 14-Jan-17 16:23:15

I've had a chemical pregnancy. The only thing you can do is retest in a couple of days. A week if you can wait that long. If it's still positive there is a good chance you are still pregnant. If not, then you know own you've had a miscarriage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now