Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First time Pregnancy and need advice please!

(8 Posts)
user1481800358 Fri 13-Jan-17 18:07:29

Hi Everyone,

I am currently 9w6d pregnant with my first. I am having a little anxiety as this is all new and I do not know what is normal and what isnt so please excuse me if my questions are silly!

I suffered nausea, sore boobs and tiredness from 5w but today it has started to all ease up (still tired though..) is this normal or is this a bad sign please?

Second question and apologies if it is TMI but my discharge has increased which I know is normal and it has been typical consistanct. However, the last couple of daya I also feel a little damp (once or twice a day) when I have my discharge and I am concerned if it isnt discharge ( small patches - size of x2 50p coins) and it is something else. Can discharge be clear too? I worry about fluid leak but I am not sure if this is more of a 'gush' or gradual little patches.

Sorry for being a giant worrier and I really appreciate any advice x x thank you smile

eastcoastmum2014 Fri 13-Jan-17 18:35:43

All sounds normal to me (I have a two year old DD and 37 weeks with DS). Its so scary when your first pregnant but unless you start bleeding or are in significant pain then try not to worry and look forward to your 12 weeks scan! Congrats on your pregnancy flowers

user1481800358 Fri 13-Jan-17 20:47:01

Thank you eastcoast for your input! I am a bit of a worrier anyway but it is hard knowing what should and shouldn't be normal!
I read some things where some people say things are normal and some aren't and I think I have been googling too much and driving myself bonkers sad x

Lunalovepud Fri 13-Jan-17 21:05:34

All sounds normal to me too - I am about the same time along with DC2 and have started to feel a bit human over the last week - I still have sore boobs and I'm knackered but the relentless and constant nausea seems to be giving me a bit of a rest.

The fact that it is my second pregnancy has taught me to make the most of this time as I am likely to be feeling terrible and have my head in the toilet again by the end of the weekend. wink

It's also worth bearing in mind that the placenta starts taking things over from about 10 weeks and many women find that their symptoms ease off a bit then.

Lunalovepud Fri 13-Jan-17 21:07:13

And don't Google - you'll frighten yourself unnecessarily. MN is a great source of info and anything else only ask your mum or your midwife. wink

LillyBugg Fri 13-Jan-17 21:08:57

One of munch favourite things I ever read on MN about pregnancy is 'swampy knickers'. An unexpected symptom of pregnancy, and not a pleasant one! Congratulations, all sounds normal.

LillyBugg Fri 13-Jan-17 21:09:34

Munch?? Most

user1481800358 Sun 15-Jan-17 15:25:25

Thank you everyone for your advice! I was slightly driving myself bonkers with the overthinking and googling but you are right! I will step away from the searches and make the most of feeling better and crossing my fingers and toes for my 12 week scan!
I wish you all the best and thanks again! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now