Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dental hygienist - ouch!

(4 Posts)
neolara Fri 13-Jan-17 16:40:12

I saw a dental hygienist yesterday. I hadn't been for about a year and she did a lot of scrapping around. At the polishing stage, she missed my teeth and hit the floor of my mouth and caused a hole. For the whole yesterday afternoon the area under my tongue was badly swollen up and it hurt to open my mouth and to eat. Had to take pain killers to eat supper. Today, the whole area under my tongue looks like there's been significant bleeding under the surface (it's basically black!) and is still a bit swollen. That's not usual, right? Not sure I"m every going to the hygienist again if it is......

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 13-Jan-17 16:43:58

Ouch! What did she say?

Polkadot1988 Sat 14-Jan-17 10:13:04

I have to go for the first time in a few years (hate the dentist) and am dreading it I feel I could be in there for a while 😷 Hope you feel better soon xo

GrumpySausage Sat 14-Jan-17 10:21:46

My gums and mouth were really sensitive when I was pregnant.

I usually am fine with the hygienist, just grin and bear it as such however when I was pregnant I had to ask her to stop a few times as it was hurting so much.

I've been back since I had DS and all back to normal.

Sympathy OP, I remember feeling really sorry for myself for days after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now