Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough jab

(16 Posts)
harleysmammy Fri 13-Jan-17 15:42:03

Hi. I have my whooping cough and flu vaccine on tuesday and wondered if i had to take my maternity notes? My midwife wrote in my notes that i needed to book the jabs but she didnt say anything about needing to take them with me. I know you have to take them every time you see the midwife or someone pregnancy related but the people who do the injections arent pregnancy related are they? I know this is a stupid question but i asked everyone in my family who have had babies and they said they couldnt remember haha. Thank you x

arbrighton Fri 13-Jan-17 15:45:16

no harm in taking them surely?
I didn't take mine for my flu jab but I was only 6 weeks then (was booked in pretty early)

But I'll take them when i book and attend my whooping cough as there is probably a box to tick, somewhere

ALLthedinosaurs Fri 13-Jan-17 17:15:35

Take them with you because the nurse can write the batch number down for you if you want a record for your midwife.

SuperUnicorn Fri 13-Jan-17 17:52:53

I took mine as I wasn't sure if I needed them or not. I didn't need them and nothing was recorded in them. They put the batch number on my computer record.

MrPoppersPenguins Fri 13-Jan-17 17:55:26

I didn't need mine on either occasion

GreenGoblin0 Fri 13-Jan-17 18:33:19

my notes have a sticker on the front for me to write the date I had my jab (same sign flu jab) so assume I don't need to take them and didn't for my flu jab.

blackberrytree Fri 13-Jan-17 19:10:00

Oh my midwife did write in mine. But she asked me if I had brought them pretty casually so I don't think it would've mattered if I hadn't.

ConvincingLiar Fri 13-Jan-17 19:10:05

It's good practice to take your maternity notes everywhere with you - not just appointments. I had a bit of a funny turn at an unrelated orthopaedic appointment and it was useful that they could test my bp and compare it with other readings.

blackberrytree Fri 13-Jan-17 19:10:21

Not midwife, nurse doing the jab.

lockie1983 Fri 13-Jan-17 19:56:53

How far along are you? Just whooping cough is done much later in pregnancy (20 ish weeks from memory) whilst flu done early.

Didn't need my book but no harm in taking it

sj257 Fri 13-Jan-17 21:24:20

I didn't need mine

TerriB84 Fri 13-Jan-17 21:26:54

I took mine with me and the nurse who did my flu jab asked for them and made a note in them but the nurse who did the whooping cough jab (different nurse but same day) didn't.

BobbieDog Fri 13-Jan-17 21:27:09

I took mine but the nurse didn't want them.

I ve had my flu and whooping cough jab on Monday at 24 weeks and the whooping one really stings and my arm is very tender and sore to touch 4 days later

Laineymc7 Fri 13-Jan-17 21:29:41

Take them the nurse or gp will write them in your notes. I took mine. The jabs don't hurt and have no side effects at all apart from a dead arm for a few days.

MrsBellefleur Fri 13-Jan-17 21:32:55

I had both flu and whooping cough jabs today and didn't need my notes. Didn't need them last time either.

Sherbert38 Fri 13-Jan-17 21:42:42

I didn't take mine. My nurse just gave me a print out to add to my notes when I got home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now