Talk

Advanced search

Does morning sickness usually include feeling plain ill?!

(15 Posts)
nicebump Thu 22-Feb-07 21:01:46

I know this might seem like a strange question, as nobody (that I know!) ever feels well when they are being sick, but do other people just feel totally ill when having morning sickness/ being pregnant?

I have a bad headache from 2pm every day, nose bleeds, feel drained, dizzy, constantly tired. Its worst in the first 15 weeks, but never really goes away. Is this morning sickness or something more?

fizzbuzz Thu 22-Feb-07 21:05:47

Yes I had all that, except my headaches were constant all the time. Felt really awful in first trimester through nausea etc, 2nd trimester was one long and painful headache, which only went away when I lay down.

It is called being pregnant.....!

Booboobedoo Thu 22-Feb-07 21:07:21

Yep - had all that and more. I have never felt more lousy in my life.

Better now though!

eca Thu 22-Feb-07 21:39:15

me too. first 22 weeks were HELL. Never been so sick in my life. Would just mention all that you are going through to your m/w though, to be on the safe side.

hope you feel better soon.

Booboobedoo Thu 22-Feb-07 21:52:32

Ooh yes, nicebump - sorry you're poorly .

Terribly self-involved right now.

peanuthead Fri 23-Feb-07 10:40:08

Yep = felt like I had flu till about 3 days ago, exhausted, miserable, aching, sick. Much better now but still very nauseous (13+6). Had no idea it would be so tough!

cupcake78 Fri 23-Feb-07 11:15:10

Yes it is like three months+ of the flu mixed with stomach bug and a virus all rolled into one.

Hope it gets better soon. Just remember it can't last forever. You have my sympathies.

nicebump Sat 24-Feb-07 17:28:37

Hi, thanks to everyone whose replied. So nice to know I'm not the only one!

But I do suspect we're among the minority for feeling SO bad.

I don't think anyone at my (female) workplace believes this is just being pregnant, they make me feel like I'm exaggerating /-:

As Peanuthead says, I never expected it to be so tough!!! As this is my second pg though, I am hopful I will feel steadily better from now on. Good luck to you all, especially Booboobedo

nicebump Sat 24-Feb-07 17:41:53

Actually fizzbuzz, thinking about it, your comment kinda sums up why I'm posting:

You say that feeling like this is just called "being pregnant", but for most women I don't think that's true and in fact I wondered just how many /few it is true for.

BuffysMum Sat 24-Feb-07 17:45:59

my first was absolutely fine, they got progresively worse with the last one (before I knew I was pregnant) I remember being in the kitchen just feeling so unwell and exhausted and not-coping and thining why on earth am I wanting a baby I can't cope with the dc I've already got.

I always remember thinking how much better I felt once they'd been born! Hope you start feeling better soon you are unlucky to be so affected by the hormones.

HumphreysCorner Sat 24-Feb-07 20:11:26

Morning, afternoon and evening sickness for me was like having a very bad permanent hangover for 4.5 months. Hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Rumpel Sat 24-Feb-07 20:23:10

yep - me too. Felt like death warmed up all the way through. Tried ginger, small meals, homeopathy, acu bands - nothing worked. When I was 5 months a friend gave me acupuncture 3 weeks in a row and that seemed to work. I still felt sick but I could actually do things. Spent whole prg feeling hellish and looking hellish. my SIL was pg at same time and looked fab and felt fab - just not fair. Was hoping for a good birth what with karma and all, didn't happen either! SIL had a great birth even though she was induced. I am still trying to shift 2.5 stone, she lost all her weight and more. Not that I'm jealous or anything

Rumpel Sat 24-Feb-07 20:24:33

By the way I had incessant nosebleeds too and the day after my DD was born and the day after that I had 2 giant mucous/bloody clots fall out of my nostril - yuk. Was horrid.

Nikki76 Sat 24-Feb-07 20:30:06

I felt awful up until about 3months pregs and had nosebleeds throughout the pregnancy....still vividly remember waking up at 3am with a nosebleed and the clot going back into my throat and having to cough it up in front of a now wide awake hubby!!! Soooo romantic!!!

nicebump Mon 26-Feb-07 21:47:45

Thanks again for all the sympathy. And I so agree life just isn't fair; I had a rubbish birth with preg1 too.

I would LOVE to bloom.

Ah well, ds is well and so am I (when not preg!!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now