Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any sweep success stories?

(7 Posts)
sj257 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:28:28

Ladies who had sweeps that worked, what was your cervix like when you had it done? She said it's still quite thick at 2-3 cm, 1cm dilated and has started to move forward she didn't have to pull it forward? Baby's head still quite high, -3

SleepFreeZone Fri 13-Jan-17 12:30:47

Worked for me. Had a sweep at 39 weeks around lunchtime and was in labour that evening/following morning gave birth. I know my cervix was very favourable though and she could feel the babies head.

boodles101 Fri 13-Jan-17 13:06:20

Interested in this too. I had a sweep yesterday (40+3) midwife said cervix is paper thin and 1cm dilated. I had cramps after which all stopped in the evening and I've lost my plug today. I'm hoping that means things are getting started!

ALLthedinosaurs Fri 13-Jan-17 13:12:27

Cervix was not favourable at all. Midwive yanked and pulled at it and it felt like the worst period pain ever.

HOWEVER, less than 48 hours later, labour well and truly began!

sj257 Fri 13-Jan-17 13:38:53

Have had some spotting and a few cramps, trying not to get my hopes up....

MatchboxTwenty Fri 13-Jan-17 13:47:34

I was overdue with both my children. With DC1 it started naturally but was long and complicated. For DC2 I did hypno birthing and the MW who ran that said that if you get to the point where they start talking induction then get them to do 3 sweeps on the 3 days before induction is due (one each day thank God, not 3!) I got to that point and the 3rd one did the trick the day before they wanted to induce and my labour was only 3 hours 15mins.

Hope that it works for you, but you can request another if it doesn't.

sj257 Fri 13-Jan-17 13:50:31

I'm booked for another in a week. I was induced way overdue with the other two but cervix was always firmly closed, thick and posterior with them so they could never do a proper sweep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now