Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you believe the bfp if you tested for af was due?

(8 Posts)
BobbinsBoo1 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:17:20

I've posted this in the conception board and then thought it might be better to post it here.

My first post here. I'm not expecting anyone to be able to tell me if I'm pregnant or not, think only time will tell, but wondering how others felt before af was due. (Think I just need somewhere to vent because we aren't telling anyone we are ttc)

I have irregular cycles so I'm struggling to work out exactly when af is due. Could be any time between today and next Thursday (based on cycle lengths of between 23 and 29 days).

Yesterday I had 2 faint but clear bfp's on frer (one in the morning and one in the evening) and one very very faint bfp on a superdrugs early pregnancy test. This morning I had a very faint bfp on another superdrugs test but bfn on ic.

I had an early miscarriage last February so I'm a little nervous.

Has anyone had faint bfp's up to 6 days before af and felt confident it them? I'm driving myself a little crazy so I'm going to stop testing for a few days and test next week on Thursday with a digital.

BobbinsBoo1 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:20:21

Sorry the title should say 'did you believe the bfp if you tested before af was due'.

Whatsername17 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:24:20

I did but that was because it was a digital that said 'pregnant 2-3 weeks'. Rather than going by the date your af is due, go for two weeks after ovulation. If your getting bfps two weeks after ovulation you can believe it.

mistletoeprickles Fri 13-Jan-17 17:48:05

Internet cheap tests aren't as sensitive as a frer.
If your unsure give it a few days and test again. A line is line

crombanna Fri 13-Jan-17 18:38:57

I got my first positive test about 4 days before my period was due. I never got a strong line on an 3 for £1 jobby until about 6 weeks. You can tell from the fact that I was still testing at 5 weeks shows that I never really believed it!!

I am now coming up to 15 weeks and still struggle to believe there is a baby in there despite 3 scans...

(And my first line was so faint I had to break the test open to properly look).

crombanna Fri 13-Jan-17 18:40:00

I don't think confidence comes easily to some of us, particularly those who have experienced pregnant loss.

But I will cautiously say: congrats!

mimiholls Fri 13-Jan-17 19:27:38

Positive is positive no matter how faint the line is. Good luck!

BobbinsBoo1 Fri 13-Jan-17 21:58:23

Thank you for your replies.

I decided I couldn't wait until Thursday and tested this evening with another frer and got another bfp so I dipped the digital and got 'pregnant 1-2weeks'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now