Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Obstetrics

(7 Posts)
ColourfulOrangex Fri 13-Jan-17 12:16:22

Hi I'm 13+2 with my second child I'm 25 and healthy, my first was 5lb 13oz so on the small side but perfectly healthy, I have my first scan on the 17th Jan and have just had a letter through saying an appointment has been made for me in February to be seen in the Obstetrics department...does anyone know why this could be? My midwife mentioned I may need extra scans because of my sons birthday weight but didn't mention obstetrics - she's on holiday until Wednesday too so I can't ask, just a bit nervous.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 13-Jan-17 12:43:07

Congratulations on number 2! Have you got your notes yet? It should say/you should have been told if you're receiving shared care or midwife led. If it's the former (which it sounds like it is) it just means you'll be seeing a consultant for some of your appts & as your mw said possibly an extra scan or 2. It's nothing to worry about, they just want to keep a slightly closer eye on you this time.

ColourfulOrangex Fri 13-Jan-17 12:57:22

Thank you, I have my notes but can't see anything in there, hopefully it is just keeping a closer eye on baby, sure I'm panicking more this time around! blush

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 13-Jan-17 13:20:20

You're welcome. I've been the same with all of mine too. I think it's natural smile

AreWeThereYet000 Fri 13-Jan-17 14:54:06

Hey my first child was exactly the same weight as yours at 5lb 13, so I have had growth scans every 3-4 weeks since been 20 weeks and have to see the consultant after each scan, it's really nothing to panic about smile xx

ColourfulOrangex Fri 13-Jan-17 15:33:48

Thank you, that's put my mind at rest smile

AreWeThereYet000 Fri 13-Jan-17 16:28:01

Good smile I just think of the positives, I get to see my baby more than I normally would and I have the professionals keeping a close eye on me all the way through my pregnancy smile #2 is expected to be small too, however the baby has grown each time I have been scanned so they are not worried, I must just make small babies hah xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now