Talk

Advanced search

does this look like a girl on my gender scan ???

(13 Posts)
Mrs5boys Fri 13-Jan-17 10:39:41

Hi ,,, I've had a gender scan last week and the sonographer was pretty certain that it's a girl but after 5 boys I'm not so sure 😬 I've read lots about gender scans being wrong and I've googled other gender scan pics for girls and not sure the one I was given looks like any of them ,,,, I do have nhs scan in 4 weeks but that seems sooooo long to wait and obvs they still not be able to see 😂 Has anyone else had one of these scans with a girl and had a pic like this ??

BillyButtfuck Fri 13-Jan-17 10:45:01

How many weeks are you? I'm struggling to see either way from that photo I'm afraid.
Brace yourself for the Sex not Gender, female not girl comments wink

Mrs5boys Fri 13-Jan-17 11:02:24

I'm 16 weeks ,,, supposedly three lines for a girl but Im just questioning it as it's so much easier to tell with boys ,,, you can't unsee a little willy 😂 Oh yes I've probably got all the wording wrong ,, thank god I didn't post in AIBU ,, it's ruthless on there !

Alb1 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:05:08

It's hard to tell on that picture as its a funny angle but I no they look for 3 lines for a girl, il try and upload our 16 weeks girl one for you to compare

BillyButtfuck Fri 13-Jan-17 11:07:03

Well congratulations either way! Where did you have the scan done? I had two 16 week scans with babybond and they were spot on.

FrizzBombDelight Fri 13-Jan-17 11:27:28

My mum is a sonographer and says that for a boy you tend to see a ball bag (not her words grin) and for girls a "hamburger".

eastcoastmum2014 Fri 13-Jan-17 13:02:15

Little girls have three lines- I saw it on my DD scan, my little boys scan (currently 37 weeks) there is like a blob which is the top of the willy, you can also see a little dangly willy as well 😂

insomniaat4am Fri 13-Jan-17 13:16:38

Here are my gender ones. One girl and one boy. I'm struggling to see which bit I'm meant to be looking at on yours tho!

Mrs5boys Fri 13-Jan-17 13:28:53

Thanks for the replies 😀 I had my scan at babybond ,, the pic is just pretty random ,, all your pics are quite clear ! In my pic you can see the spine on the left and then it's that funny upside down Y next to where it says girl hmm guess I will just have to see what they say in 4 weeks ,,,, mind you sonographer did say she would bet £1000 on it being a girl so guess if she was wrong the cash would come in handy 😂😂

Mrs5boys Fri 13-Jan-17 13:29:24

Yes I heard the hamburger for a girl too

caperboo Fri 13-Jan-17 13:44:55

Definitely looks girl too me if u look carefully u can see a hamburger shape( I have had 4 girls and they all look like that I also have had 2 boy pregnancies)
Anyway a huge congratulations grin

Mrs5boys Fri 13-Jan-17 17:07:45

Ahhhhh I hope so ❤️❤️ Think pink 🤣😆💜

Rikalaily Sat 14-Jan-17 09:52:11

Definitely a girl. The angle is strange but once you see the 'hamburger' you can't miss it. I also have four girls so have seen those bits a lot on scans lol. Congratulations grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now