Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period 2 weeks late, then bled normally for 1.5 days then stopped for a day and just started again!

(6 Posts)
LauraHoward4321 Thu 12-Jan-17 21:35:10

Me and my partner have been trying for a baby since I came off my pill the end of August 16. My last period was 25th November, I'm always on time and it's always like clockwork.
My period was over 2 weeks late this week. Then I started bleeding Monday like my normal period but only for a day and a half.
Then nothing for a 2 days and I've just gone to the toilet and wiped and there's light brown my blood?
I've had all the symptoms of pregnancy- back ache, head ache, sore boobs, stomach cramps and feeling sickly in the afternoons?
Has anyone experienced this before?

haveacupoftea Thu 12-Jan-17 21:58:03

Have you taken a hpt?

MouseLove Thu 12-Jan-17 22:00:03

I echo the same. Have you had a positive pregnancy test? If not then I would think you are having irregular AF still after finishing your pill. This is very normal and I wouldn't worry.

LauraHoward4321 Thu 12-Jan-17 22:03:22

Took a HPT on Monday and it was negative, since coming off my pill in August my periods just went back to normal up until November when it was late by 2 weeks?

MouseLove Sat 14-Jan-17 12:35:06

It can happen unfortunately. Your cycles can be irregular for 6-12 months after hormonal contraceptives. I personally would not test again unless you make it to CD35+ as that's within the normal range. X

vfoster Sat 14-Jan-17 13:12:52

I stopped taking the pill on August 24th so a similar time. I only had two periods before I fell pregnant but they were not regular at all. I guessed when I was due and when my period didn't come I took a test which came as negative. I still didn't get my period a week later so I took another test and that was positive.
Maybe try another test in a few days?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now