Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diarrhoea

(8 Posts)
Waterfeature Thu 12-Jan-17 15:46:20

I've had bad diarrhoea a couple of times in this pg. (I'm 7+6, got older children but last pg I had a mc.)

I don't remember this in previous pregnancies. I'm worried I won't be absorbing my Pregnacare vits. And I'm also fretting that it may be a sign that things are going wrong again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

KatnissMellark Thu 12-Jan-17 15:53:10

I had lots of diarrhoea in first trimester (often multiple times a day), it has settled significantly (now 30 weeks) but I still get it sometimes.

Stay hydrated
Try to identify a trigger (mine was dairy) and minimise
Take your pregnacare with a meal
Or switch to just folic acid and vit D (as pregnacare may actually be contributing to it)

And of course, speak to MW or GP if very concerned.

Waterfeature Thu 12-Jan-17 15:57:22

Thanks for your comments, that's very helpful.

Yes, maybe I'll try just folic acid and vit D.

Can't think of any triggers... I normally have a cast-iron digestive system!

KatnissMellark Thu 12-Jan-17 16:02:29

Hope you feel better soon - it really worried me so much as mine was accompanied by cramping...I'm pretty sure when y contractions start I won't be able to tell if it's baby on the way or if I just need the loo blush

eastcoastmum2014 Thu 12-Jan-17 16:05:09

I had it in the first trimester, and then again with iron tablets, and then now from about 34 weeks I have been switching between constipation and diarrhea (37 weeks) pregnancy is so glamorous! Xx

user1468957349 Thu 12-Jan-17 20:58:49

I suffered a lot over Xmas (probably down to the rich food) but found yakult once a day sorted it out really quickly. Worth a go - or bio yoghurt x

MouseLove Thu 12-Jan-17 21:26:35

I'm 6+4 and suffering too. Once or twice a day and I'm also taking pregnacare original. I thought it might be the pregnacare but today I've had it during the day wayyyyy after or before I'd taken a vitamin so I think it's food triggered. I don't have any other symptoms at all. I did read though that it can be very normal.

Waterfeature Thu 12-Jan-17 21:52:11

Had some chilli flakes with supper and lunch, could have been that. Will try the bio yog, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now