Talk

Advanced search

Will I have an internal tomorrow?!

(8 Posts)
toomanylols Wed 11-Jan-17 22:46:12

Hi ladies,

37 week appointment tomorrow. My obstetrician is so gorgeous that I actually regret choosing him now as I dread the thought of an internal it will be soooo awkward!

Do you think I can expect an internal or can I relax until next week?

daisygirlmac Wed 11-Jan-17 22:50:25

Is there any reason you'd have an internal? I had my 36 week check up last week and 38 week planned for next week, both with midwives, no internals. They said they wouldn't bother until 40 weeks. Are you in the U.K. or somewhere else?

BertrandRussell Wed 11-Jan-17 22:53:58

I didn't have any internals until
I was in labour. Why would you have one?

arbrighton Thu 12-Jan-17 09:24:12

Seeing an Obstetrician and choosing them doesn't really sound like UK based poster to me

Barefootcontessa84 Thu 12-Jan-17 10:09:02

Um, even if he's handsome it's a pretty clinical/professional environment, so I don't see why it would be awkward unless you're really immature. Are you worried he'll think you fancy him or something? confused

toomanylols Thu 12-Jan-17 10:49:40

Barefootcontessa lighten up! Crikey! Just a bit of light hearted banter, you should try it! I am from ireland and have a private obstetrician who is quite dashing. I hate the cervical exams, dread them in fact. They can start at the 36 week mark.

Barefootcontessa84 Thu 12-Jan-17 12:35:12

It wasn't your dread of the exam that came across, it was the fact you said it would be "soooo awkward" because he's handsome...! Good luck and I hope it goes well.

Burntbum Thu 12-Jan-17 12:37:06

If you don't want one and there is no clinical need/concern then just decline it. You don't have to have one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now