Talk

Advanced search

Do you know what you're having?

(14 Posts)
Upforathird Wed 11-Jan-17 07:37:27

And if so do know when you conceived if you were tracking ovulation? Ie. Did you DTD on day of ovulation or only other times during your fertile window?

Sorry if this has been asked before

StrawbRhi Wed 11-Jan-17 07:43:52

I've been tracking my ovulation for years and ovulated the 13th of Sept. DTD 12th and 13th and am now 19 weeks with a girl.

Shettles method obviously wouldn't have worked in our case grin

Upforathird Wed 11-Jan-17 07:55:10

No, I think there's a certain amount of truth in it maybe but how accurate it actually is who knows. I have two boys and I know I DTD on ovulation day both days but it might just be that DH has better boy swimmers! It would be nice to also have a DD but if I hold off DTD around ov it's just going to put off conceiving so don't think I'll be doing that. I'd rather have a third baby boy than no third baby!!

MmmMalbec Wed 11-Jan-17 07:55:31

I'm only 7+3 this time but last time we DTD the two days before and the day after ovulation and had a boy.

Upforathird Wed 11-Jan-17 07:56:10

No, I think there's a certain amount of truth in it maybe but how accurate it actually is who knows. I have two boys and I know I DTD on ovulation day both days but it might just be that DH has better boy swimmers! It would be nice to also have a DD but if I hold off DTD around ov it's just going to put off conceiving so don't think I'll be doing that. I'd rather have a third baby boy than no third baby!!

Upforathird Wed 11-Jan-17 07:57:58

Oops sorry for double post!

Snowflakes1122 Wed 11-Jan-17 09:11:46

On day of and before ovulation (boy)
Before ovulation for this one (girl)

And the other two (girls) can't remember.

harleysmammy Wed 11-Jan-17 09:21:52

I tracked everything for months before becoming pregnant, still have no idea what day i conceived him. At least i know what week haha. We did it on the day and every day close to it, 24 weeks now x

GreyBird84 Wed 11-Jan-17 11:06:00

We dtd 3 days b4 ovulation, 1 day before ovulation & 1 day after ovulation & are having another boy.

All the old wives tales ie ring on a string, Chinese calendar indicated girl so I was taken back when midwife said to hang on to the blue things!

It will be our last baby due to finances, house, car etc which makes me sad even though pregnancy doesn't agree with me!

I hope my boys are best of friends & any DIL should they arise will be welcomed with open arms.

mumxof3x Wed 11-Jan-17 12:01:38

With my last boy, we dtd on cycle day 10 and not again until around cycle day 25. I ovulated cycle day 16. We had a boy....to add to our other three boys smile

With my last pregnancy, I ovulated day 17, dtd late day 16. Had a little girl.

Whatsername17 Wed 11-Jan-17 12:02:08

The month we conceived was the month that we took 'off' and didn't actively ttc. Go figure! We have a dd who is 5 and we have been told that this one is a girl too. Chinese gender predictor say girl if I guesstimate my ovulation date based on the gestational age of the baby. We won't try a third time for a boy. Overjoyed to have two, and after a mc at 13 weeks and a chemical in between our two I just couldn't face it. Plus ttc took much longer 2nd and 3rd time around which version was horrific. Dh would have liked a boy I think but he gets two awesome girls instead.

Upforathird Wed 11-Jan-17 21:04:46

Thanks for the replies smile

Mrs5boys Thu 12-Jan-17 14:40:03

Oh also I've read about the ph of different women ,,,that's where the diet for a girl /boy comes from ! Sorry I've answered in both of your threads about this now haha

Mrs5boys Thu 12-Jan-17 14:41:42

I think you should do a little light research and then just try to sway the odds ,,,, I'm sure that wether you get a girl or a boy they'll be just as loved wink you know if all else fails gender selection is legal in other countries 🤣

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now