Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping on tummy

(6 Posts)
kittypower Thu 22-Feb-07 13:42:29

I keep waking up and I have rolled on to my tummy in my sleep and it feels kind of uncomfortable. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and don't really have much a bump yet, do you think it will do any harm by sleeping on my tummy?
X

glittering Thu 22-Feb-07 14:02:24

I envy you so much - I vaguely remember the days when I could sleep on my tummy! I'm now 11 days overdue and cannot wait to sleep on my tummy again.

I'd take advantage of the fact that you're still able to sleep on your tummy - you'll know yourself when it's not right to be on your front.

Is this your first?

dejags Thu 22-Feb-07 14:05:53

Make the most of the next 3-5 weeks. You'll not be sleeping on your front for much longer. You'll soon get to the stage where it will become a physical impossibility.

God how I envy you. I'd give my left arm for a comfy night on my tummy.

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 14:07:05

I'm 15weeks too and it is the only comfortable way I can sleep - I am indeed making the most of it!

bubble78 Thu 22-Feb-07 14:36:53

im 18 weeks today and still sleeping on my tummy like mrsbadger said its the only comfortable position to be in

jabuti Thu 22-Feb-07 16:13:26

i have back problems since teen years, that made me research every little detail about best postures when sitting, laying, etc... laying on your belly is really bad for your spine in general, because you put your muscles weight on it without giving any support.

anyway, just dropping a line to say that when the bump gets too big and forces you to lay either on your back or on your side, you will be doing great good to your back. and you might even grow out of the habit of laying on your belly after the baby is born.

i also read about the psychological side of it, apparently we like laying on our bellies as a defensive way of protecting ourselves from the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now