Talk

Advanced search

The Dreaded Piles

(1 Post)
Laura05 Tue 10-Jan-17 17:00:00

Hi ladies!

So I've got piles and they're painful! I don't know why they even recommend paracetamol in pregnancy as it does naff all!!

I had them with pg2 and after birth the midwife had said if they didn't disappear then I could have them tied? They didn't disappear but have caused no bother so I've just left them. Now I have a massive new one and it's agony! I got anusol (very appropriate name!) from the chemist and have been using it for 3days but I don't think it's making much of a difference sad I'm not constipated so that's not an issue but has anyone got any suggestions to help ease the pain?

I'm 31weeks so still have a while to go but I'll be damned if I can live with this until birth!

So far I've been taking paracetamol, using a wet wipe to clean/dab the area, putting anusol on after a toilet visit, and have gently been pushing it back in (OUCH!)

Has anyone had them tied after giving birth? I assume they wait til you've healed down there (stitches etc)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now