Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else still a POAS addict? I have an actual problem...

(14 Posts)
ALLthedinosaurs Tue 10-Jan-17 15:37:11

blush

8 weeks here, and every day that I don't feel sick...POAS. I've felt utterly rotten since I found out at 4+1 but every odd day that I feel okay, I try and tell myself that I'm just resting between the hormonal waves but I panic sad

Today I feel okay after 8 days of utter grimness, and I should be relieved right? But no. POAS! I did get a lovely chunky line though. Im living in a constant state of vom or panic sad

Please reassure me... or POAS with me!

AgainstTheOddsNo2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:40:33

6.5 weeks and considering getting a clearblue just to make sure the numbers went up.....

AgainstTheOddsNo2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:41:48

My problem is I feel fine! Felt dizzy and sick and had bad implantation pains when I was pregnant with my daughter (though it was a good while ago)

ALLthedinosaurs Tue 10-Jan-17 15:49:09

I found a stash of cheapies from the long hard TTC stage so used one of those today and think I may order some more off ebay blush

Againsttheodds I had absolutely no symptoms with DS except stabby boobs for 1 and a half days until at least 8 weeks then just mild nausea so this time round its a bit of a shock.

I've lost my mind. I've literally been sobbing in pain from incapacitating sickness and today its like I want all that back. I have actually lost my mind.

LeSquigh Tue 10-Jan-17 16:04:29

I'm sure everything IS ok but even if it wasn't POAS isn't going to prove anything. Hormones stay in your system for weeks (they did with my MMC) and POAS remains positive for ages. You are just wasting your money. smile

Whatsername17 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:16:58

In the nicest possible way, poas is addictive but it is meaningless. I had a mmc and was getting bfps for about two weeks after I had miscarried. Put the sticks down and focus on enjoying your pregnancy. I was pregnant for 13 weeks with my lost baby. I found out at the scan I'd lost my baby but I don't regret a single second of being happy when I was pregnant and talking to my little bean. I'm glad I enjoyed it even though it ended sadly. I'm sure your pregnancy will be completely fine so enjoy it.flowers

ConvincingLiar Tue 10-Jan-17 18:20:09

Don't buy more, that'd be really silly.

ALLthedinosaurs Tue 10-Jan-17 19:49:20

Thanks LeSquigh and Whatsername. Im so sorry about your mmcs flowersflowersflowers

Its been a bloody long heartaching road to get here, and I'm just really struggling to stay positive. DS pregnancy was a surprise and felt completely different and carefree. I just wish I could peek in there every day or so and see he/she is okay sad

I have a scan booked next week because I couldn't resist it, but I am so afraid. I keep trying to tell myself that what will happen will happen and I just have to wait and see.

And thank you Convincing, I know it'd be silly. This pregnancy is making me very silly. My anxiety is ridiculous and this is really not me, but there you go. It is what it is.

I'll go back to posting inane shit and occasional health advice now smile

MouseLove Tue 10-Jan-17 20:55:53

I'm 6+1 with my first and VERY much wanted baby. This has been a 3 year process for me. I have absolutely no symptoms. Boobs feel fine, no sickness. Belly is bloated and twitchy. I could be scared shitless to be honest as I think I'd be absolutely devastated if I lost this baby but I'm not.

I had a little wobble this past weekend and peed on some digital tests but in reality. I'm pregnant. You are pregnant. Enjoy it until you're not. Wether that be onto the next step, birth and enjoying a baby or having heartbreak of a miscarriage. There is nothing we can do to alter that outcome but to relax, enjoy and nourish with the best we can.

POAS won't alter that. You're just spending money that could be put aside for baby. X

haveacupoftea Tue 10-Jan-17 21:07:05

Those tests will start going negative soon due to the hook effect - they are only reliable in the first couple of months. So put them down before you get a faint line and freak out smile

ALLthedinosaurs Tue 10-Jan-17 22:18:51

Thanks too MouseLove you make a very good point and congratulations flowerssmile

I feel a bit better after a good cry and a bit of a youtube stalk so I suppose I can add hormonalness onto the pile of symptoms I have alongside feeling bonecrushingly shattered and hungover!

haveacupoftea eek. That's also a good point. I don't need to freak myself out any more. I'll follow the advice in your username instead wink

oliversmummy26 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:28:03

allthedinosaurs I am just like you. Got 2-3 weeks on a CB at the weekend, so trying to hold out until early next week to do the other in the pack and hoping for 3+ weeks... Weeks definitely didn't increase as much as they should have with my mmc last year (1-2 weeks at 4+ weeks) then only 2-3 weeks about 3 weeks later...mmc 2 weeks after that...so it will definitely reassure me.

I had been considering buying more CB digitals after the one I have, but it really is silly and such a waste of money, particularly as things are tighter than ever this January!

Hope all goes well with your scan next week and it reassures you flowers

ALLthedinosaurs Wed 11-Jan-17 18:06:17

oliversmummy congrats and thank you flowers hope all goes well with you too.

I'm feeling manky again today but not sure if thats pregnancy related or just that I am not sleeping! I really need to stop analysing things and chill the fuck out <sigh>

Whatsername17 Wed 11-Jan-17 18:28:16

If you find a way to stop analysing things and chill out in early pregnancy you should write a book - you'd be a millionaire. I'm now 38+5 having fallen pregnant again a few months after my mmc and have struggled all of the way through this pregnancy. I regularly have a sob because I just feel so anxious. Totally understand and empathise. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now