Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heavy Ovulation bleed

(5 Posts)
Helsbelspreg2 Tue 10-Jan-17 12:18:24

Hi all, after a bit of help...

I've just found out I'm pregnant also. However bit odd. I thought I had an early period mid December (was due just over a week later) it wasn't the heaviest period but had blood clots etc and it lasted a few days.
Anyway, I thought this was a period so carries on until the last week (Jan) I've been experiencing nausea, had it a few days and got worse so I took a test ... Turns out using a clear blue test which says how many weeks since ovulation...I'm not only pregnant but I've been pregnant for a few weeks!! So I have now discounted the last bleed as a period and used the period before as my pregnancy calculation.
However, the bleed that obvs wasn't a period was an ovulation bleed. Has anyone else ever experienced this? This isn't my first pregnancy and this did not happen last time so I'm a bit nervous about it. Midwife appt booked in next week!

calimommy Tue 10-Jan-17 14:19:35

It's called an Implantation bleed, when you get some bleeding as the ovum/egg burrows into the lining of the uterus, 5-6 days after ovulation. I've gotten them every time Ive been pregnant (5). It's usually very light, spotting mostly. Unless you mean bleeding when the ovum/egg was released which is more unusual but possible still I suppose.
At any rate, implantation bleeding is just another sign of early pregnancy. How many weeks are you?

Helsbelspreg2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:13:39

Thanks for your message, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. Not sure what the bleed was for defo but it's got me nervous so just assumed it was ovulation. Was quite heavy and like a period for day 1 and 2. The bleed was around 17th December and I only took the test yesterday.

Helsbelspreg2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:14:22

Clear blue test said I was pregnant and conceived 3+ weeks ago

calimommy Tue 10-Jan-17 15:43:18

Sounds a bit heavy but lots of women have different experiences of implantation. Fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now