Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Heavy Ovulation bleed

(5 Posts)
Helsbelspreg2 Tue 10-Jan-17 12:18:24

Hi all, after a bit of help...

I've just found out I'm pregnant also. However bit odd. I thought I had an early period mid December (was due just over a week later) it wasn't the heaviest period but had blood clots etc and it lasted a few days.
Anyway, I thought this was a period so carries on until the last week (Jan) I've been experiencing nausea, had it a few days and got worse so I took a test ... Turns out using a clear blue test which says how many weeks since ovulation...I'm not only pregnant but I've been pregnant for a few weeks!! So I have now discounted the last bleed as a period and used the period before as my pregnancy calculation.
However, the bleed that obvs wasn't a period was an ovulation bleed. Has anyone else ever experienced this? This isn't my first pregnancy and this did not happen last time so I'm a bit nervous about it. Midwife appt booked in next week!

calimommy Tue 10-Jan-17 14:19:35

It's called an Implantation bleed, when you get some bleeding as the ovum/egg burrows into the lining of the uterus, 5-6 days after ovulation. I've gotten them every time Ive been pregnant (5). It's usually very light, spotting mostly. Unless you mean bleeding when the ovum/egg was released which is more unusual but possible still I suppose.
At any rate, implantation bleeding is just another sign of early pregnancy. How many weeks are you?

Helsbelspreg2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:13:39

Thanks for your message, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. Not sure what the bleed was for defo but it's got me nervous so just assumed it was ovulation. Was quite heavy and like a period for day 1 and 2. The bleed was around 17th December and I only took the test yesterday.

Helsbelspreg2 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:14:22

Clear blue test said I was pregnant and conceived 3+ weeks ago

calimommy Tue 10-Jan-17 15:43:18

Sounds a bit heavy but lots of women have different experiences of implantation. Fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: