Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kings hospital London - 20 week scan

(13 Posts)
ohnonotanother1 Tue 10-Jan-17 09:30:24

I've got my 20 week anomaly scan tomorrow, does anyone know if they will tell you the sex at kings? If not I will book a private scan just trying to be organised and book it asap if thy don't tell you as there can sometimes be a bit of a wait round here. (And before anyone mentions yes I know it's an anomaly scan and that's absolutely the most important thing, it's simply a question regarding this hospitals policy!)

Thanks!

Hollyhop17 Tue 10-Jan-17 10:06:45

I have just switched to Kings so interested in the answer to this thread! Hope your scan goes well.

newlabelwriter Tue 10-Jan-17 10:11:44

They definitely did when I had DS there (it was 6 years ago though so may have changed.)

user1471541467 Tue 10-Jan-17 12:25:22

I had my 20 week scan last week and they asked if I wanted to know. They told us right at the end smile

user1471541467 Tue 10-Jan-17 12:26:36

I was at Kings! The fetal research centre

ClaireSunflower Tue 10-Jan-17 13:36:38

I'm pretty sure they do. I'm at Kings and have my anomaly scan on Friday. When I had my 12 week scan the sonographer asked me if I wanted to know the sex as she thought she could tell already (with 65% certainty) that he was a boy. We went for a private scan at 16 weeks and found out he is a boy for certain! Good luck with your scan.

ohnonotanother1 Tue 10-Jan-17 14:42:39

Thanks everyone - they did say at the 12 week scan that was one of the things they checked for but I didn't want to know so didn't quiz them. I've since changed my mind and want to get all the stuff either sold/washed and sorted from my son so think it's easier to find out if we have the option.

Good luck to the rest of you too!

Bear2014 Tue 10-Jan-17 16:47:13

They've told all our friends who have wanted to know. We'll hopefully be finding out in a few months too xx

SarahOoo Tue 10-Jan-17 20:09:15

Yes they ask you at Kings when they do bloods you go in if you'd like to know. We already knew as we had the CVS but they also checked in the scan too 💗

sarahnova69 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:10:13

Yes they will if you want to know.

PeachIcedT Tue 10-Jan-17 20:42:57

Yes they tell you, in fact as we were being walked to the room they explained what would happen and mentioned telling us the sex if we wanted to know was part of it, before the scan had even started. I'm impressed with them.

ohnonotanother1 Tue 10-Jan-17 22:25:25

Thanks everyone. I've been really impressed by them so far - unfortunately not giving birth there just having my scans there but it's been great. I'm excited now!

DirtyDancing Tue 10-Jan-17 23:05:28

Yes they definitely do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now