Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic symptoms

(7 Posts)
kiwi10 Mon 09-Jan-17 23:15:00

Sorry if this is a sensitive subject but I was curious any ladies who have had an ectopic pregnancy what were your symptoms? Tia x

bethrm1721 Tue 10-Jan-17 00:00:04

I'm just recovering from one now (posted about it last night). I started with pain and bleeding that weren't like my normal period. They pain was more on one side sometimes, came in waves, and was almost like stabbing at times. The bleeding was like fresh blood, not normal period. I also had diarrhoea (sorry tmi!) and really bad nausea. Shoulder pain is a common one but I didn't have that. Are you worried about it for yourself? Hope you're ok x

kiwi10 Tue 10-Jan-17 00:16:28

I'm so sorry hope your well and I am a little concerned, I haven't had a period for almost 2 months after taking MAP I knew it can mess your periods up but family members and partner are a little concerned and I have taken multiple pregnancy tests which came out negative but the past week I've had pain sharp throbbing that comes and goes in waves every now and then only in the same area!So was a little concerned that it could be symptoms to an ectopic

TimidLividyetagain Tue 10-Jan-17 00:22:30

If it doesn't get too bad during the night call our local early pregnancy unit in the morning and ask for advice or go see your GP. My friend had pain like this and waited till pain Was really bad and was lucky to get seen in time. They can scan u and check your hormone levels to rule it out if you are worried

user1481406249 Tue 10-Jan-17 00:25:17

Mine was some years ago but stomach pain where I woke up and felt as though someone had bashed me about internally. It would ease during the day then in the afternoon I had to undo my trousers and had to lean on furniture and walls or get about. Don't leave it til that point. I ruptured and had shooting pains in my shoulders. I was on the pill at the time and had what I thought was a normal period. Has just arrived in Australia so put some of it down to jet lag etc. I had actually ruptured and was bleeding internally. It was New Year's Eve and I was supposed to be off to have the best New Year's Eve ever watching the fireworks from Sydney harbour bridge. As it was I did eventually go to the doctors and was sent to a&e. Bleeding internally. Lost a tube. But still alive very thankfully. Get it checked and good luck x

Itsallthelittlethings Tue 10-Jan-17 01:09:00

I was almost10 weeks pregnant and all I felt was period cramps.i have terrible period cramps and put it down for that
Had positive tests but fainter than normal. No other symptoms but rang hospital when I had 3 teeny tiny spots of blood on my knickers. Luckily they brought me in for a scan and I had emergency surgery a few hours later. I lost a tube though. Thankfully I was able to get pregnant 4 months later naturally. I hope it's not an ectopic but really if you are worried I would get it checked out.

Fieldsandgrasses Tue 10-Jan-17 06:27:35

I'd go and get yourself checked out. It was quite bad pain at times for me but I was pretty oblivious and wouldn't have realised had it not been for needing time of work and an on the ball GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now