Talk

Advanced search

17 weeks... movement?

(14 Posts)
LilyCat43 Mon 09-Jan-17 21:18:59

How would you describe what it feels like at first?

daisygirlmac Mon 09-Jan-17 21:22:16

Like being tickled really gently from the inside, a bit like that feeling when someone strokes the inside of your arm. Either that or like little bubbles

GreenGoblin0 Mon 09-Jan-17 21:47:55

a little bit like butterflies

SunnyDayDreaming101 Mon 09-Jan-17 23:03:05

At first it was like little bubbles but by a week later it felt like popcorn popping

LilyCat43 Mon 09-Jan-17 23:11:58

I thought I felt something bubbly today but only very briefly. I've no idea what's going on lol.

AcademicNerd Tue 10-Jan-17 08:53:29

I felt some odd flutters, very far over on my right side, about 18 weeks or so. I couldn't make my mind up if it was a kick or not, because it was so far over on my side I couldn't figure out how the baby got there. I wanted to feel the kicks so bad I was afraid I was imagining it.

And then one day I got up and I felt like I got punched in the belly button. Hello baby! Now 31 weeks, and baby does what feels like funny little tumbles, which are nice, and sometimes kicks my bladder, which is less nice.

FeelingForSnow Tue 10-Jan-17 08:58:17

The very first movements I can describe as feeling of a twitch. The same twitch you get sometimes in your eyelid or in your calfs (assuming you get them).
Its like that but very low in your belly around your pelvic bone.

TopKittyKat Tue 10-Jan-17 09:59:12

Mine felt like the feeling of my stomach dropping if you go on a rollercoaster or in a lift that descends fast. (Does that make sense?)

MissMooMoo Tue 10-Jan-17 10:05:39

Bubbles/butterflies.
It can also feel like you need to do a fart but there is no fart blush sorry thats exactly how mine felt.
I am 22 weeks now and feel big kicks, once the movement starts it increases quickly!

PinkUnicorn1990 Tue 10-Jan-17 10:08:07

MissMooMoo I agree with the fart thing, everyone laughed when I described it like that!blush

Now I am 28 weeks, feels like big bubbles or pokes smile

watchingitallagain Tue 10-Jan-17 10:35:43

I'm with feeling that it's like an involuntary twitch. Like your eyelid does when you're tired. You know your body has moved but you didn't move it.

ClaireSunflower Tue 10-Jan-17 13:39:01

I first felt movement around 16 weeks and at first wasn't sure if it was or not as it sort of felt like gas bubbles to me. At about 17/18 weeks it felt like a little nudge from the inside and now at 21 weeks I'm getting proper thumps.

phoebe2016 Wed 11-Jan-17 15:36:41

Im 17wks today and get little flutter kick feelings, air pops and also feelings id describe like theres a washing machine washing clothes in my belly! Lol. Its sweet smile

eastcoastmum2014 Wed 11-Jan-17 17:49:38

With my first it was like gentle tickles low down. With my second (currently 36 weeks) I seemed to miss that one and went straight to kicks! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now