Talk

Advanced search

35 weeks - normal to be this knackered?

(9 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Mon 09-Jan-17 20:28:33

Stopped work just before Xmas, but now even though I'm not doing much except running the odd errand and doing the school run, I feel exhausted 90% of the time. My sleep is crap, obviously, but even when I get a semi-decent night's sleep, I feel like I'm nearly on my knees by 7pm! Blood tests etc all seem to be fine and I'm taking a decent multivitamin/mineral, so is it just to be expected at this stage? (Last time round I was still going to gigs at this point, but that was over 5 years ago!)

Xmasbaby11 Mon 09-Jan-17 20:29:25

Yes normal ime! Take it easy as often as you can.

LostAtTheFair Mon 09-Jan-17 20:29:35

Yes - late pregnancy is exhausting! Especially if you have another DC. Rest up as much as you can!

BabCNesbitt Mon 09-Jan-17 20:41:22

Thanks for the permission to be lazy! grin Just feeling guilty because I'm doing so little and feel like DH is suddenly stuck with an 80-year-old to take care of as well as DD!

RandomMess Mon 09-Jan-17 20:47:45

You can suddenly get anaemic so I would be tempted to take some floradix or spa tone and see if it helps!

Heatherbell1978 Mon 09-Jan-17 21:09:13

I'm 33 weeks and with DS1 I went to a music festival when I was 35 weeksshock No way could I do that this time around! Feel knackered all day long although just started taking iron tablets so hoping they help a little. At least when this one arrives I'll be used to no sleep....which will make it easier, right?!confused

GinIsIn Mon 09-Jan-17 21:11:03

Yup - same here and I am EXHAUSTED all the time!

BabCNesbitt Mon 09-Jan-17 21:15:22

Not a bad idea about the Floradix - I guess it can't hurt, can it? DH has got me worried by asking how I'll cope with labour if I'm this tired already, which was helpful hmm

babyblabber Mon 09-Jan-17 21:22:17

I'm 35 weeks and cannot believe how tired I am. I'm anaemic for the last couple of weeks so on double dose iron and have 3 DC already. Went to Ikea today, not for long and did one school run on foot (pushing toddler in the buggy up a steep hill) but that's it and I swear I'm physically broken this evening! I know the last month is tough but I don't remember being this bad with the others. I could sleep for a week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now