Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Consumed by 'nesting'

(3 Posts)
Whitechester Mon 09-Jan-17 19:12:21

Due any day now and I'm feeling consumed by my nesting instinct. I spend hours each day sorting and resorting my cupboards etc to make them
'Perfect' ready for the baby. I'm obsessed with the house being ultra clean etc. It's made all perfect and then everyone gets home and that's why I feel that the next day I have to atart again. Please tell me I'm not the only one 🙈

Grace1980 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:50:29

This made me smile as I'm exactly the same - just 10 weeks behind you! I'm buying things for the house, cleaning out cupboards etc etc. My bank balance is frightening 😩😁 oh well, soon we will be so busy that we won't have time for it anymore!

Whatsername17 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:53:24

I did that with my first baby. Now 38+3 with my second an I'm much more relaxed. The house stays clean, but not to an obsessive point. Plus, this time I have promised myself I'm going to stay in hospital for a couple of days in order to get breastfeeding established and to take advantage of visiting hours keeping people away. So, if there is any cleaning to be done, dh can do it! Last time, I came home 8 hours after I gave birth and then got up early whilst dh and dd slept to clean for the midwife. The house was already clean but I felt I had to make it 'perfect'. I crashed so hard a few days later, then booby feeding went wrong, I forgot to eat, dd developed colic and I ended up a weepy mess. No way am I doing that again! This time I'm going to be relaxed and get everyone else to run around for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now