Talk

Advanced search

Am I? Aren't I?

(23 Posts)
staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:31:11

Newbie to this!

Right so usually I am on a pill called cerezette and it completely stops my periods. I felt queasy Friday and had cramps so I took a clear blue digital test late evening like 9:30pm and it came up 'pregnant 1-2', obviously stopped my pill when I saw that. Since then I have had a couple of negative tests, even today. Well, one of the ones I did today had a second faint line but it was real close to the control line and it's not disappeared. Had cramping Friday and and Saturday but nothing since and I'm not bleeding. Would u take that as a false positive and get back on the pill or keep testing for a few weeks?

DaisyQueen Mon 09-Jan-17 17:33:02

You need to test using the first week of the day. It's highly unlikely to be a false positive

DaisyQueen Mon 09-Jan-17 17:33:16

Wee*

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:36:37

I did that yesterday but I had been up in the night for a wee and guzzled a load of water. I have one left, if it's negative tomorrow morning should I take it as I am not. It's annoying not having a definite answer X

DaisyQueen Mon 09-Jan-17 17:41:57

I would try again in the morning. If you still aren't convinced your gp can do a blood test. I wouldn't advise taking the pill until you have a definitive answer x

thatorchidmoment Mon 09-Jan-17 17:46:07

Show us pictures of your tests? Sometimes faint lines can be dismissed but are in fact positives. I had a real squinter of a faint line a couple of weeks ago... It was definitely a positive!

Tearingoutmyhair Mon 09-Jan-17 17:46:38

You are either pregnant right now, or were until the last few days. No such thing as a false positive.

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:53:02

The clear blue was digital so there was no mistaking that one lol. I have a pic of the one from today but I'm not convinced as the line is so close to the control line and it's a real squinter too, but my eyes are rubbish though so I squint at everything. Plus, I couldn't edit my post but that line has disappeared so I'm assuming it wasn't a true answer X

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:53:48

Tearingoutmyhair I only did the test Friday just gone and even Saturday's test was negative X

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:02:45

Pics are really bad to be fair lol.

DaisyQueen Mon 09-Jan-17 18:04:41

There is definitely a very faint line. Did you read it within the time frame? 2 mins or whatever it was

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:12:39

If I'm honest I think I was a few minutes over the time frame. Those tests time frame is 5 mins. I thought evap line when I saw it and googled it but all that says is evap lines are colourless lines 😕

DaisyQueen Mon 09-Jan-17 18:18:14

Do you want to be pregnant? I'm guessing not due to the pill but how would you feel if you find out you are? X

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:25:28

If I am I'd be happy as its obviously meant to be. I have a 5 year old daughter already and she'd make a fab big sister. I fell pregnant in 2010 on a different pill. Same guy, so if I am he's got some kind of super swimmers!

thatorchidmoment Mon 09-Jan-17 18:30:47

It's not clearly focused, but there really could be a second line. The clear blue digital tests with the weeks indicator are really pretty sensitive iirc. It's possible these ones aren't quite so sensitive.

I recommend retesting with first morning urine tomorrow.

There is a possibility you are pregnant and the later tests are less sensitive/have been done with more dilute urine so aren't picking the true result up yet. The other possibility is that you were pregnant but have had a very early pregnancy loss (sometimes referred to as a chemical pregnancy).

I hope you get the result you are looking for tomorrow!

DaisyQueen Mon 09-Jan-17 18:36:06

Well I hope you get the result you really want. I have a 5 year old and I'm 15 weeks pregnant now and she is super excited about it, be prepared for alot of awkward questions grin

staacee121 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:53:38

Thanks guys, will keep you posted 😊

staacee121 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:13:19

It was negative X

thatorchidmoment Wed 11-Jan-17 12:30:38

Sorry if that's a disappointment for you OP. All the best for next time if you decide to try. x

staacee121 Wed 11-Jan-17 13:16:01

Do all chemical pregnancies end with bleeding? Because I've not had any cramps since Saturday and I've not bled at all. Wondering if it was genuinely a faulty test X

DaisyQueen Wed 11-Jan-17 17:42:35

I dont know anything about chemical pregnancies.so i cant offwr any help. I would suggest making an appointment with you gp and explain about the faint positive. Hopefully they will sort a blood test so you can put your mind at ease x

DaisyQueen Wed 11-Jan-17 17:43:11

Excuse the typos *my phone hates me

staacee121 Wed 11-Jan-17 18:14:28

Id never heard of them till Monday. It's just an early miscarriage so I am assuming there would be bleeding involved like a heavy period. When I fell pregnant with the baby i lost in 2010 I got a negative one day and a positive a few days later. Only tested the second time to use the test up like I did Friday lol. Once I'd got the positive I never tested again. Tested once with my daughter who was planned but I was about 5-6 weeks when I found out with her and never tested again. It's driving me up the wall as I'm like do I go back on my pill? Or do I wait and see if I miscarry - not sure how long it takes to miscarry though as I had a d&c to remove the baby in 2010 due to a missed miscarriage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now