Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low lying placenta...

(7 Posts)
Hollz26 Mon 09-Jan-17 10:03:05

Im currently 28 wks and when i had my 20 wk scan they said my placenta was anterior and low lying i have to go back for a scan at 32 weeks to see if its moved but i have realised that i can feel baby alot more now around my belly button but dont feel baby kick down low at all where as with my lil boy he used to kick me really low down! Could this mean its moved down even more? Im so impatient really want to know if i need a c section or not feeling so nervous and anxious this time around anyone else had the same? Tia xx

Dolwar Mon 09-Jan-17 10:04:34

You won't be able to feel where your placenta is. If it is low then I'm afraid you'll need to have a c section due to the risk of bleeding. After 32 weeks the placenta won't move but there's still time now

Monkeyinshoes Mon 09-Jan-17 10:16:48

The last trimester is when the lower front section of the uterus expands the most so it will be moved upwards as this happens. If it's really low it might not move enough, that's what the scan will check.

I had a low lying anterior placenta, right on the edge of the cervix, and by the next scan it had moved enough for a vaginal birth.

MissMooMoo Mon 09-Jan-17 11:06:13

I also have been told I have a low lying placenta. I am being re scanned at 33 weeks and been told they expect it will have moved by then.

Joceshe Mon 09-Jan-17 13:49:32

I was notified I had a low lying placenta last week at my 20 week scan. Im planning on booking a private scan in about 6-7 weeks to look ito whether it has moved up as i wont get rescanned until 36 weeks and really dont want to worry for next 16 weeks. Is a private scan a option for peace of mind either way?

Hollz26 Mon 09-Jan-17 13:55:34

Yeah i was considering a private scan but as its only a few weeks now i think i will wait i just hate not knowing whats going on and tbh i actually wouldnt mind a c section this time! Its my 2nd and im just much more anxious this time around! X

blossombottom Tue 10-Jan-17 21:07:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now