Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to look for in a baby carrier

(4 Posts)
LondonRoo Sun 08-Jan-17 22:04:53

No sling libraries near me unfortunately... Anyone got any tips on finding a baby carrier to use from birth. Quite like the look of the caboo as it looks easy to use but it also seems very expensive! Is it worth it? Any other suggestions?

Roo

SweepTheHalls Sun 08-Jan-17 22:08:26

Caboo all the way for newborn's. Look on Facebook for second hand sling's. Which reminds me I need to list mine!

HIIITmebabyonemoretime Sun 08-Jan-17 22:08:57

I've used a Moby wrap - a stretchy one, and an Ergo Baby structured one. I loved them both. Moby was great for s2s, around the house, gentle walks etc. The Ergo is fab for more active things; you can wear front or back (or side I think), and it keeps my wriggly toddler safe and snug.

You can buy an insert for the Ergo to make it newborn-friendly.

HughLauriesStubble Sun 08-Jan-17 23:35:58

Our sling library allows rentals by post si might be worth checking out to see if you can test a few before buying?

I had a stretchy jmpbb with dc1 and never got on with it so it was a waste of money in the end. Bought an ergo original with dc2 and loved it, used it from newborn with the insert. Easy to put on and comfy and supportive to wear. If I had to buy again I would buy the ergo 360 though for the forward facing position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now